How'd it go today?

So yesterday I get a text message asking if I could cut down a tree. I got the address and went and looked at it today. I felt the whole thing was odd I never get texts asking for tree work. And every time I called this number it went to voicemail immediately. I get to the address and the property is for sale so I call the listing agent and she tells me that she, the seller, nor the listing agency knows anything about cutting a tree down. Hunh! Anyway WTF!

Yeah i get spam texts all the time, either wanting to build me a website, join some Angie's list type thing, or to call them back at a different number than what they texted me with.

So yesterday I get a text message asking if I could cut down a tree. I got the address and went and looked at it today. I felt the whole thing was odd I never get texts asking for tree work. And every time I called this number it went to voicemail immediately. I get to the address and the property is for sale so I call the listing agent and she tells me that she, the seller, nor the listing agency knows anything about cutting a tree down. Hunh! Anyway WTF!
I think there was a thread about this years ago. It’s a scam where they get you to run a stolen credit card for them, keep some money and pay them back for the “overpayment” with gift cards. I get a lot of these asking me to do electrical work. They often say they can’t talk…only text due to a recent ear operation. Often say they are out of town for some reason like just bought a house but have not moved in yet.

That sucks having to take business calls, and talk to random people. My private line's private. If you're not in my contacts, I don't get the call, and you can leave a message if necessary. I leave messaging unblocked as a failsafe, but if I started to get a bunch of bullshit on that, I'd lock it down too.

There’s a scam where they pay you to take the tree down with a fake cashiers check and you have to pay the electrician out of that check. You end up out of 1-2K because the cashiers check is fake.

Those checks look like the real deal. I received one for an item on Craigslist. I heard about the scam but had them send the check and then pulled the plug on the deal.

The house is always for sale because they have a good chance of it being vacant.

The news reported about the tree scam recently in TN. They try to get you to cut down someone else's tree, usually on lots for sale, and somehow scam you out of money. You just have to contact the owner directly and confirm they own the property.

Ive always required any customer to physically lay their hand on the tree to be removed, or otherwise worked on. It's kinda weird, but I've heard some serious horror stories. This practice has saved both myself, and a few couples some difficulties. I guess it would save me from this scam too.

Had one guy say "It's the only tree in the yard, you can't possibly miss it!"

"Go touch the tree, it's the only one in your yard, and you may just change your mind."

That Fir is still there.

Spot's water bowl was missing this morning. I found it in the neighbor's yard, close to the propertyline. Any ideas how it got there? I don't usually get dogs right at my backdoor. I'm thinking fox, or raccoon. I'm not that familiar with fox. Can they be trolls? Raccoon speaks for itself. Just about anything's on the table with them :^D

Racoons used to occasionally steal my hanging tube style bird feeders. Hanging from a long stiff wire hook from a high tree branch. I thought I could foil them by closing the hook into an eye and using an old screwlock carabiner to attach the feeder.

Racoon was able to open that and haul off the feeder again.

Ultimately, I used two screwlocks back to back...that they never managed to figure out.

Trolls is right :D.

Today, I went for a quick walk around the perimeter of my apartment complex and saw that someone had left an iPhone on a chair in one of the courtyard areas. I waited for about 10 minutes to see if someone would come back for it and then decided to take it to the leasing office because I didn't want anyone to steal it. So, that's what I did, and they just sent out an email to everyone in the complex. That's my good deed for the week, I suppose.

I've done quite a lot of tree climbing in the last two weeks in hopes of getting into better shape, and so that I could film new content. My channel has always focused mainly of SRS, I filmed some new content for MRS recently. My channel had a really great week. During one 48 hour period, after posting a long and short form video for my SNAIL friction hitch, I received 17,000+ views (only 9,000 were for the friction hitch; the rest were people looking at other videos), and I got 148 new subscribers, and made roughly $14 in revenue. Pretty sweet. It's nice when I get spikes like that.

Currently looking for a new job. My current job sucks so much. I hate working with food; it's my least favorite type of work. So far, I've done several interviews and filled out many applications, but nothing has panned out. Getting a little frustrated.

Anyways, today I've begun cleaning because my apartment complex is doing their semi-annual inspection in four days, and I don't want my place to look like a mess. Kind of annoying. All they really do is change the air filter and hit the test button on the smoke alarm lol I can easily do that myself and not be bothered. Oh well.

Last edited:
@Knotorious Can’t stick the job out for another 2 or 3 months until the move? Would you tell a potential employer you’d only be available for a very short time?

@CurSedVoyce Laptops must be getting larger and heavier. Funny, most personal electronics are getting smaller and lighter. 🤪

Back