How'd it go today?

As soon as I get coffeed up and take my morning constitutional I have a little task to preform .

I misscalculated a floor vent for size and now must grind through porcelon tile in order the make it fit .Oh the joys of remodeling a house,never ending ----:what:

Well, I just returned home from Calgary, my Grandfather passed away on the 4th of January. He immigrated from Denmark after WW2, following his uncle, with nothing more than a suitcase and 19 dollars to his name. He moved out to AB after he met my Grandmother and had a successful career in the oil patch, which took him all around the world. One of my favorite stories about him is that at 75, he purchased 10 acres on the Arrow Lakes region of BC by Nakusp, felled the timber himself and sold it, then hired an excavator operator and cleared it, then planted a fruit/nut orchard. Awesome! He was a good man and will be missed.

It was good for my family to have us and especially our kids out there...my mom particularly enjoyed having her Grandbaby's out. Glad to be home though, it was friggin cold out there, I've grown accustomed to the mild winters here.

Sorry to hear of your loss Dylan. Sounds like he was quite a man and had a fulfilling life.

Sorry to hear Dylan.

Today started with swapping out the driver side mirror on my Ford, I broke it dropping the clutch thinking it was in neutral, it turned out not to be. Woops. Ebay score though, brand new Ford OEM mirror for $75.

Met my dad at my house, I scrubbed all the basement walls down with Simple Green while he squeegeed the water in to sump pump. Bye bye mold and funky smell. Amazing down there now. Going to hopefully prime and paint this week, along with replacing the wooden columns with steel. Then I can bring some stuff there to clean out my over crowded barn at my parents place. (moped, mini dirtbike, some tools).

Cleaning sucks, but when it's over, it's all worth it. Found out this weekend that steel columns fail catastrophically at 800 F. Are you getting fireproof columns? They are dang heavy.

Actually I just have two dirtbikes in the garage Erik, all my other stuff is in my barn. My dad just bought another Harley, so it sure is tight in there now! :|:

I think I'm getting the ones with the concrete inside, Dave. Gotta talk to the lumber yard about 'em.

You know, thinking about it, I do have a lot of shit that'll lighten up the parents place. Two trailers, two dirtbikes, moped, two trucks, two bicycles, wide variety of tools, three work benches, ladders, cover-its, tractor, mini loader, attatchments, spar tires/rims, log piles, WHOA I GOTTA MOVE ALL THAT SHIT!?

Just a heads up .... Katy just came home and said that Rite Aid is having a 90 percent off sale..
I think we now own 6 electric hair cutting thingys and some other stuff. She basically spent 20.00 for 200.00 worth of stuff. The hair shears only cost her .99 :lol:
They are clearing everything out they were carrying for Christmas...

It's been a rough day today. Started early this morning. My grandkids have the flu, and my wife has both the flu and strep throat. I hope I can somehow get lucky and dodge it.

Sorry about your gramps, Dylan. I still miss mine, though he's been gone many years. I'd go over to his house and he'd always slip me some dough and mix up some highballs for the two of us, even when I was just a kid. "Don't tell your mother", always came with it. Cool you have the memories.

Here's a 10 by 70 stage we built today for seminars at a local ag expo. It's always good to start a pay period with overtime.

Attachments

• Photo0047.jpg
    Photo0047.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 11
Its 11:20, Haley is scared as she can't stop thinking about a bad dream she had. My cat is yowling for something. My wife is at the emergency room at the hospital as she has been having trouble breathing since New Years. She drove herself. Two of Haley's friends are trying unsuccessfully to sleep in her room with the door closed as one of them is afraid of my cat and it is their second night away from their parents ever. The girl who is afraid of the cat told me one of her bad dreams and it resembles a Stephen King novel. I think its telling set Haley off. Oh well, sleepovers are fun. Next time I want to be the kid though.

Back