How'd it go today?

It was my first day back from Spring Break, and what a lousy way to start it. My welding teacher died last Wednesday, in of all places...the shop.

Sorry to hear that...my son is your age and is also studying welding. He has one of the teachers that is pretty special to him...the teacher really enjoys the art of welding and tries to pass along his special talent.

You must have thought a lot of your teacher to make him a memorial.

Nice touch.

really Gary? I have never heard of wild turkeys coming up here, where in WA are they?

The largest flocks are in the NE corner above Colville, and Kettle Falls... those are the Merriam's. That's where I hunt them.

There is a mix of Merriam's and Rio's in the Umtanum/Yakima area. I've seen them there while huntin' elk and Mulies.

And there are Rio's down by the Columbia River near Goldendale.

The Eastern's aren't doin' as hot and they are just SE of Mount St. Helens. They say the Eastern's are not used to the damp conditions in the spring so the clutches are smaller than normal.

Sorry to hear about your teacher Jason...:(

Gary

I've seen turkeys in southern Ohio,as many as 70 or 80 in a flock,late in the winter.I saw a big old Tom,last year,walking down the mediun strip on I-75 displaying his fan.Now what do you suppose was going through his little pea brain ?

In perhaps the last 10 or so years they have attempted to reintroduce the birds around here.All in all they do pretty well in these oak woods plus they have an abundance of the farmers grain to munch on .I don't imagine this thrills the farmers though.Deer,by the way are especialy fond of young green soybeans,another fact the farmers aren't thrilled about.

Another DNR project gone haywire, IMO. It's not unusual to see flocks of fifty or more around here, no exageration. Christ.
So how'd it go today for me ? I just got a call that my biggest account has sold their house, OMG. (shitting myself) The good news is that the new owners are taking on the House Manager, which was a little comical to me... "Boy comes with the house ?" So I've gotta beat-feet down there today & try to secure my position for the spring / summer. It's awkward for me. I'm usually pretty good at PR, but this one has me rattled. Lemme go practice in front of the mirror >>> I'll update later !
:D

Well, I went to the memorial service today. I got some pictures of Perry's sculptures, and my metal artwork, that he kept.

The FHS, I did my Junior year(my High School's intials), and the SHS(county's high school), I did senior year for a display at the college career fair.

Looks like it was a nice memorial Jason...:)

I went this mornin' to do a removal that I had scheduled about a month ago. When I got to the house at 9am to get started... the tree was already on the ground and was half-ass bucked up. It looks like what ever hack did the fallin' job used an extremely dull chain. There was a fine sawdust all around the tree. It was felled right close to the house. I was gonna take it another way with the help of the winch... but I guess the homeowner got a better "deal" with whoever brought down the tree.

No one was home... so I left a note on the door that I had been there... and I "thanked" them for callin' me to let me know that the tree was already down.:X Bastids.

Gary

Hey I had a cool day - Looks like we got the deal on a brand new 4000 square foot manufacturing unit at the top of the Island. WooHoo! chippers ahoy!

Very nice, Jason.

Gary, sorry for your lousy luck. We all get those once in a while,and it's almost always unexpected and a real slap in the face. I personally couldn't imagine hiring and scheduling somebody to do any kind of work for me and then get the work done otherwise and not bother calling to cancel the first guy who is expecting to do the work. Some people are just rude and I try to consider myself lucky that I didn't have to work for such a rude bastid.
:P

Back in the Sun !!

Finally, a nice day here in NY, 60 degree's a beautiful day.

It was nice to finally get in the bucket on a warm day, instead of layers of clothes and carharts on.

I've had those deals that Gary experianced but in a different line of work.The kicker is that when that fly -by night couldn't deliver the goods old Al charged them dearly to repair the damage.Just like the Amco man,pay me now or pay me later,ha.

So much for that.Today I went to the IRS to get tax forms,about a peck sack full.Then worked on an old saw,one of many.The weather is nice for a change,more in the mood to tinker.

pruned a cherry today, and two plum trees. 2 hours off the ground, was a hoot! :)
have to go back though as I couldnt get out to the last 3 leaders I wanted to remove, that tree was covered in slippery moss and stuff, I go back next week to do some more damage.

Slippery moss wouldn't have been a problem if ya just spiked it, and that would've taken care of the extra damage as well.:P

Squish, do you climb freelance ? I have some jobs that I could use a spiking climber, oh, do you one hand your saw too? I hope your climbing saw is at least an 026 instead of those pansy top handle saws.... :P

I wouldn't one hand my saw but I just can't hold onto the branches with my teeth, I know what a wuss. Oh and I don't think ya'd like paying my travel time to come spike up some of your trees for ya.

I'm bummed my wife has been hoarding our camera (figures personal training is more important than me snapping pics) and I just got my freshly painted bucket back today :( . Pics will follow eventually.

next weeks reduction cuts. client wanted (he is 95 years old and likes things done his way) a round over hat racked 15 foot tree, I talked his daughter in to doing what I want to do. I am hoping he doesnt get too upset with me for trying to preserve his trees life. :)

thanks for the kudos Deva.. I must admit until I heard your latest vid I thought it was Diva :)

Back