How'd it go today?

Marathon Seafood Festival is today. I am off to volunteer for a couple of hours, then feast on conch fritters & boiled shrimp. John will probably go for the lobster dinner.:)

Sounds awful, Gigi. I hope you have a terrible time. :lol:

I am putting together some sammiches, drinks and snacks in the cooler and I have the boat full of fuel. In a little while I'm going to head up and put in on the St. John's river East of Sanford and then head north (west) to Lake Monroe. Might even cross the lake and continue further up the river for a while. It all depends on how I feel when I get there. Gonna drag a buddy along with me so I have somebody to blame for the poor fishing...
:lol:

Spent Friday changing the blower motor and fan switch on the furnace. To top it off the first motor was bad. So back to the parts store. Older furnace so finding parts is fun.
Today was the dish washer. Won't start, checked all the stuff from the front ,nothing. Now I will need to pull it out and see what I can find.

Happy Happy Joy Day here.

For me, it was finishing up the grading on the septic tank replacement ordeal. We ended up having to replace the ditribution box also, as it was disintegrated.

i watched my bro-in-law compete at a power lifting comp. saw 1 world record and 2 state records broke. a couple more close ones. first time i went to one of those

bummed around, made a pickup at the silky distributor, made supper. :) 5 bids tomorrow, monday is an office day to finish up a couple arborist reports. rainded like crazy most of the day. bleaugh.

Did the boating thing this afternoon, it was a beautiful day. I have no idea how many miles we covered but we burned about 10-12 gallons of fuel in the Yamaha 60. We harassed and irritated a couple fish but did not actually catch any.

We also stopped and towed some stranded boaters the last 2 miles back to the ramp. I'm trying to bank some extra karma credits 'just in case'. ;)

That looks like beautiful area Brian.

The old tenants in my Mother-in-law's house left a huge pile of trash in the alley behind it. I got to load it and haul it. OK who's jealous? Someone? Anyone?

First off Darin I'm definetly not jealous :P . Secondly Brian I can't imagine being close to all those alligators :O that's crazy. Thirdly got a giant load of firewood today easily got over a cord cut and stacked and gave a couple bobcat bucketfulls to my neighbor just cause I'm a nice guy. My truck bed is 10' by 8' so that's how I haul so much.8)

Justin, the alligators are terrified of people and it's rare to be able to get close enough to get a picture. They normally dive underwater before you can get within 50'. And cruising in the daytime is a whole lot different than swimming at night. :O

I have lots of extra firewood here you can have. It was in the low 80's here today so we won't be needing a lot more firewood this season. :P

Darin, glad you had some work to do. I'd prefer having more work right now but try to take advantage of my off days whenever possible.

I heard those gators dive underwater so ya can't seem 'em and then when you're not looking they spring up and drag ya outta the boat, but that's just what I heard :/: .

Heh I'd take your firewood but I think the shipping would kill me.

Trash hauling? Yeah baby. At least they took it out of the house.
The swamp looks beautiful. It was pretty warm here today too.

Just got back from a speed run to Mo-Town[Detroit].Picked up a used tranny for my Ranger. 288 miles round trip,6 hours,including stopping for lunch,1/2 tank of gas,not bad.:)

I thought when you were in a boat you were required to help stranded boaters out.

except if you are a pirate.
pirate%5B3%5D_1.jpg

Those are some great turkey pictures...I have seen them in the wilds before but never displaying like that...nice cypress trees, too.

You would be lucky to get within 50 yards of a northern gobbler.They may look dumb but that is very disceiving.Ben Franklin wanted to make them the national bird instead of the bald eagle.

In looking at a turkey ,you wouldn't think that such a fat looking bird could fly but they do very well .These are not your thanksgiving butter balls.

Cool pics of the turkeys! We have them here too....I hear them all the time. Usually in a flock (?) of about a dozen, but this year there was about twice that many. I'm thinking they were all hens/chicks though....never saw one like the two in your pic. Love the blue on that gobbler!

People have tried to plant them around here in the Coast Range, but without success, not enough cover. I was deer hunting up around Redding once and saw some. Awesome pictures Skwerl.

i get to cut down my first tree today so wish me luck

its a oak tree about 60' its in the opening nothing close to it wildchild is going to rope for me.....

you don`t need a gun get a pitbull<<<<<blue eyed storm

Back