How'd it go today?

Forgot to mention last night the six knots required to know.

Bowline,
Bowline on a bight,
Running Bowline,
Clove hitch w/ two half hitches,
In line clove hitch,
and the anchor hitch.

Darin, I didn't know you were a cub scout. :)

I was something even more practical, an Indian Guide. Nothing says cultural sensitivity like a bunch of white kids running around in loin cloths over blue jeans, wearing war paint.

cut up a pecan tree that failed at my grandmas house
That was a buttload of wood, Holy Cow !!!

OM, your post cracked me up. Smacks of school dayz when we made paper headdress & cardboard tomahawks (chopping motion) to show our vast knowledge of Native Americans.

We're still doing that by thinking a bumper sticker will support our troops.

Here's some video clips of today's Pine Removals.
They wanted to use the bucket so I stayed on the ground,
but I got to dump the trees.

First Tree,
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ArAR_yaCOqA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ArAR_yaCOqA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2nd Tree,

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dBcNYMw3CKY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dBcNYMw3CKY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I hate when the youtube sound is off track.

Two Pines across the road and no damage to the road.
Bumpers and stickers

The second tree's butt kicked big because of the bumper logs.
They had decent leans so I bore cut them.

Nice looking stumps, Deva. Too bad for me that I'm blocked from youtube, but such is the agency slug life.

Same here Burnham... our "Uncle" is lookin' after us.:( Gary

Or more likely looking after the taxpayer's interests...some poor example of a federal employee somewhere must have been spending WAY to much time looking at vids instead of doing their job.

Agreed. I do get to look at this stuff (TH) at work... but you would be shocked at how many people get in trouble every week for looking at unauthorized stuff on the internet at work.

Gary

Agreed. I do get to look at this stuff (TH) at work... but you would be shocked at how many people get in trouble every week for looking at unauthorized stuff on the internet at work.
Gary

To be sure...I recall hearing of a District Ranger getting fired a year or so ago for internet ****, his FS computer was full of it. That's a GS-12 or above job. Can you imagine being so stupid? 20+ years of service (and investment in retirement) flushed down the drain.

Hey - I got canned for questioning the acquisition of minor female girls for a strip-poker game at Camp David. Of course I was also moaning about the lies of the Bush Administration.

To be sure...I recall hearing of a District Ranger getting fired a year or so ago for internet ****, his FS computer was full of it. That's a GS-12 or above job. Can you imagine being so stupid? 20+ years of service (and investment in retirement) flushed down the drain.

It is amazing what people will do to joepordize their jobs. I have seen from E-1's to O-6's get in troble for the "P" word on their computers.

Gary

Hey - I got canned for questioning the acquisition of minor female girls for a strip-poker game at Camp David. Of course I was also moaning about the lies of the Bush Administration.

I'm sorry, Reed. But is there some correlation you are drawing to the conversation at hand?

Lovely day today, doing my own job crown lifting Yews in a very nice church yard, no power tools just a Jameson pole and loppers, sunny day and the pollen was streaming off the Yews in the breeze.

Nice cutting Deva. I love the voice over in the second video. I so dearly wish you had said, "Something."

I was something even more practical, an Indian Guide. Nothing says cultural sensitivity like a bunch of white kids running around in loin cloths over blue jeans, wearing war paint.
Now this was just the most hilarious politically in correct thing I have heard in some time. Thank you Darin. I really needed that right now:)

Back