How'd it go today?

Took our daughter outback to the woods patch behind the house to pick wineberries. Poor girl got lit up several times by hornets (most likely- not a stinging insect expert) but I was closest to the nest. It’s on the ground and the size of a bisected basketball. Gonna nuke it after getting down from this tree. Been playing with 2 TIPs and a hitch climber on the bridge.

Really thinking about installing a scrap rope 50’ to footlock and hip thrust on every other day for a good exercise. Footlocking just seems to be one of those full body workouts.

Attachments

• IMG_5885.jpeg
    IMG_5885.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5886.jpeg
    IMG_5886.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
What's the average price for a windshield replacement on a newer sedan? My wife's car developed a large crack of unknown origin last week. The car is a 2022 Lexus ES350.

Maybe $400? Last window I bought was for a jeep cherokee about 10 years ago, and I think it was $250 installed at my house. They forgot to put the wiper blades back on. Someone must have remembered, and the company owner came to my house and asked if everything was alright. I said "Yup. Everything's great". I didn't mention the wipers. Not like they're hard to install. They were probably WTFing over exactly what happened :^D

What's the average price for a windshield replacement on a newer sedan? My wife's car developed a large crack of unknown origin last week. The car is a 2022 Lexus ES350.
They usually go through insurance and there’s a $100 deductible. This is based on your coverage of course. Modern windshields will be more because of the tech.

Maybe just call Safelite and they should be able to walk you through it.

Sorry you have to deal with that.

Maybe. Looks like you have some fancy stuff in there. The recalibration fee is the iffiest I see. Looks spendy for something that should be fairly automated, but it's not something I'm familiar with. A factory cd player is the most advanced tech I've ever had in a vehicle. I drive old stuff til it's ready for the junkyard.

I wonder if the tech for your windscreen replacement is for things like adaptive rain wipers and stuff like that. There would be sensors involved wouldn't there?
Another reason I like my low tech truck, even in Oz my last windscreen was only $500 installed.
Mind you, been thinking of a new one as chips are accumulating, and it's five years since the last one and everything is more expensive now.

Mellow, it It true in Fl, insurance has to cover windshield with no deductible? I’ve never paid a dime for one. All the ones I’ve replaced were under commercial policies so I am not positive about regular car insurance.

Last edited:
I have never paid more than $400 for a replacement windshield even without insurance.

On another note, I saw this car yesterday and had to take pics. The longer you look, the worse it gets. We don't have a 'WTF' thread so I'll just put it here.

View attachment 131028
View attachment 131029
Only in Florida 🤣🤣. Some crazy stuff down there. I spent 7 years around St Pete. Nothing like Maryland

Heard the boy playing around the screendoor. About 10 minutes later I hear one of the cats make a gagging sound. Walk in, turn on the light, and they're both sitting there staring at a coiled baby garter snake apparently playing dead. Grab a piece of plastic, pick it up, throw it outside, and it slithers off. Idiots...

I only have two cats here. My daughter has lived on her own for awhile. Not an Einstein in the bunch :^D I can't blame the snake for anything. It was just doing it's thing before the cats got it, but the dead routine seemed to work well. Moving isn't a good strategy when dealing with cats.

I wonder if that has something to do with the price? They can charge just about anything they want as long as it stops short of 'LoL no', with little pressure to keep prices down.

View attachment 131024

Picked up an XR 200R and a CRF 100 today.

Starting to wonder if I have a problem.......

The stable now consists of.....

CRF 50
Xr 80
Crf 80
Xr 100
Crf 100
Crf 150....two of those
XR 200
TW 200
XR 650

That's just the dirt bikes.......good grief! Haha!
Only problem I see is that you’re out of fingers to count them on😆 I think I’ll be adding a crf100 to my fleet soon

Back