How'd it go today?

Had a fun thing happen just now.
A car drove down my quarter mile driveway.
2 people got out, a middle aged man and a very old (90) woman.
Turned out she was born in my house and since she and her son were in the area, she wanted to see the place again.

It has changed a LOT, because I've planted lots and lots of trees and completely renovated the house.
I found some old pictures from when I moved in and they had a walk around, her telling stories from back then.

A fine visit.

As happens in the hinterlands.....the Richard Boy put 7 hours on a raking tractor. Then put an hour on his dirt bike putting cows back in with me.

So.....as a reward I hauled him to town so he could ride his bike on the pavement with his friends.

I remember getting to ride my pedal bike in town....so smooth. It was heaven!

as a reward I hauled him to town so he could ride his bike on the pavement with his friends.
thats legal?
here as long as you have headlight, left mirror, and a brake light you can put a tag on almost anything, bikes dont even need signals as far as im aware
edit: I shouldnt have gone down this rabbit hole, im on google page 2 now, you know how bad this is?

As happens in the hinterlands.....the Richard Boy put 7 hours on a raking tractor. Then put an hour on his dirt bike putting cows back in with me.

So.....as a reward I hauled him to town so he could ride his bike on the pavement with his friends.

I remember getting to ride my pedal bike in town....so smooth. It was heaven!
These are what I remember...

Rich, what are these campgrounds like? I cannot picture it, reading your descriptions.
usually they have some tents, maybe some campers or RV's
some even have trees!

I kid, I wonder what these are like, ive been to all sorts from paved to non paved, rental cabins/campgrounds on the lake, never by choice but ive been to a log

Believe it or not, there was a time you could skate outside here. Not all winter, but there were enough days to make owning skates worthwhile, and getting out on a pond somewhere. I can't remember the last time we had weather cold enough to freeze and hold a human. This last winter, swimming would have been possible without anything more exotic than a wetsuit.

Yeah B they’re not really camping at all. This one has a bunch of small trees and a few larger ones. Indoor pool, work out room, and basket ball court are a few of the amenities. I disappeared for a while today and walked into town. Mostly Amish community around it. That just means lots of blue and black clothes and they have to act like they do things the “old” way. I’m poking at them because every Amish business has powerlines running to them in this town.
Anyhow it’s not my type of camping but the wife and kids enjoy it. I guess we call it camping because I tow the camper there. Rajan is correct in the name

I had to replace my well pump yesterday 113’.
At least it’s pretty shallow. We sometimes get into 300’-400’ around here. Fortunately we are on a spring and some wells around us are only 20’ deep.

Did you set it approximately 20’ from the bottom? Less debris gets churned up that way.

At least it’s pretty shallow. We sometimes get into 300’-400’ around here. Fortunately we are on a spring and some wells around us are only 20’ deep.

Did you set it approximately 20’ from the bottom? Less debris gets churned up that way.
Yep it’s about 12’ off of the bottom and 30’ into the water table. We also pumped out all the crap at the bottom. Pump was 31 years old so it needed some TLC.

Yeah B they’re not really camping at all. This one has a bunch of small trees and a few larger ones. Indoor pool, work out room, and basket ball court are a few of the amenities. I disappeared for a while today and walked into town. Mostly Amish community around it. That just means lots of blue and black clothes and they have to act like they do things the “old” way. I’m poking at them because every Amish business has powerlines running to them in this town.
Anyhow it’s not my type of camping but the wife and kids enjoy it. I guess we call it camping because I tow the camper there. Rajan is correct in the name
Sounds more like a resort with RV parking instead of hotel accommodations. They must exist out here, but I've never noticed one.

Back