How'd it go today?

I spent the morning cutting open driveways. Ran some estimates, now drinking beer looking at the weather for next week.

I bought this jar today to pour the oil from my truck saw in when I'm finished using it...

IMG_20230401_193844979.jpg

It was $1.20, but came with free frozen cake. Incredibly wasteful packaging, but it's just what I needed.

Well, my sister in law had me screaming profusely and profane in front of the kids this evening.

Our daughters hamster had babies and my wife is all into them. SIL had me believing wife ordered $1700 of artsy hamster cages. When my wife said she did’t, I blamed my daughter using her tablet to order the cages. It was a whole big mess.

She got me real good. April fools. I’m pissed, relieved we’re not out $1700, and in awe of the planning and skill that went into the joke.

Attachments

• F7F56641-8EC2-4C3A-BC51-8E4C7F5100FC.png
    F7F56641-8EC2-4C3A-BC51-8E4C7F5100FC.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • FB8DEB51-8350-4545-9ABC-785B56F5E298.png
    FB8DEB51-8350-4545-9ABC-785B56F5E298.png
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • 4C4F95B7-82D1-4F8A-8159-D82357008582.png
    4C4F95B7-82D1-4F8A-8159-D82357008582.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 972DF4AD-741C-4871-A4A9-819DF40C036E.png
    972DF4AD-741C-4871-A4A9-819DF40C036E.png
    785.7 KB · Views: 6
Had to get catfood, so I stopped in the $1.25store to get superglue for rope. They had gloves that looked interesting for climbing. I stood there a few minutes debating over buying them, cause I already have a bunch of gloves, but $1.25 and the chance to maybe stumble into something amazing won out, so I got them. The latex is thick, not as tacky as the standard issue, but has a waffle print. Also fairly thin, but not so much so they'll get sucked into hitches...

IMG_20230402_161436084_HDR.jpg

Afterward, I trimmed some stupid boxwoods. I cut about 10 boxwoods off, and I still have lots of boxwood. Not sure exactly what I'm going for, but I'll know it when I see it. I almost see it, but not quite. I'll let it sit for a bit and contemplate it over a couple weeks...

IMG_20230402_153823398_HDR.jpg

Not sure about the holly either. It'll probably be removed, but I'll sit on that also.

I managed to get some stuff done today. Found out trampoline a few feet up a pear tree about a quarter mile behind my house. It might be salvageable. Burnt the mountain of sticks that made it to my fire pit and added some goofy cut offs from the wood pile. Helped a neighbor clean up a down hemlock and dropped the 30’ stub that was left. Also transplanted a whole mess of raspberries. Got them in and mulched around with wood chips.
My power came back on about twenty minutes after the wife took the kids to her moms to get showers. About the same as last time it was out. I think next time I’m gonna have her load them up as soon as it goes out. Save me a lot of headache and gas

Got that tree off my parents garage today. Surprisingly little shingle damage. A family affair. Guyed the trunk in case and let the portable winch pull things off and up the hill to the landing. Burned all the slash. Left wood for Levi to go back and process. Mom and dad supervised. Then cooked a lasagna for lunch. Well dinner really at 130 or 2.
And the order goofed again :dontknow:
20230402_114128.jpg 20230402_114134.jpg received_3348481528725062.jpeg 20230402_110254.jpg 20230402_110258.jpg 20230402_114124.jpg 20230402_114152.jpg 20230402_142722.jpg 20230402_142735.jpg 20230402_123200.jpg

Last edited:
boring day
the last week or week and a half my right shoulder has been hurting like hell, fine in certain positions, but say I go to show someone something on my phone, I have to hold my right arm up with my left hand to take weight off my shoulder
anyone else experience this? was fine till I woke up one day, not sure if I tore a tendon or popped something out of place, I can still work fine which is good but other than that it sucks...

showed up to an emergency job yesterday, crane waiting on me (customer called them), crane wont set up till the house drop is out of the tree (tree on house, took wire with it)
they tell me im supposed to take the wire down, I refuse so they call the power company, then I get told to make the hour drive back home because they can handle it once the wire is out... FML

seperate note, 2 or 3 jobs tuesday, taking the Aerial lift operations fundamentals webinar/course on the 15th and going to a treestuff party on the 22nd

Pay attention to how you use your shoulder. I get issues with my arms sometimes, and sometimes it's a fairly trivial cause, but repeated triviality can cause problems. Two I specifically remember were using a computer mouse(chair improper height) and twisting my prismpole in the ground(repeated low impact stress, but very repeated).

Pay attention to how you use your shoulder. I get issues with my arms sometimes, and sometimes it's a fairly trivial cause, but repeated triviality can cause problems. Two I specifically remember were using a computer mouse(chair improper height) and twisting my prismpole in the ground(repeated low impact stress, but very repeated).
well shit

sitting here all twisted up lookin like a shrimp reading this, and my arm almost horizontal onto my desk scrolling away
funny enough it hurt more like that
im just hoping its not a torn rotator cuff, I got work tomorrow

Sure sounds rotator related.
thats my fear, had to make coffee one handed this morning, and thats not cool
took an aleve and it hasnt done anything that I noticed, taking one every 4 hours for the next few days to see if that helps
atleast I get to be a bucket baby tomorrow, taking my GRCS so I can have the groundies do the heavy lifting for me

took my arm off my desk and sitting up straighter, 2 aleve so far, feeling better but still hurts, hope its not this bad in the morning (last 2 or 3 days its gotten worse)
atleast I was able to go out an unload my skidsteer so my trailer can go out at 8am, including lifting and carrying 2 70 ish pound ramps

took my arm off my desk and sitting up straighter, 2 aleve so far, feeling better but still hurts, hope its not this bad in the morning (last 2 or 3 days its gotten worse)
atleast I was able to go out an unload my skidsteer so my trailer can go out at 8am, including lifting and carrying 2 70 ish pound ramps
It may be wise to visit the doctor at this point. Either primary care (if you have one) or the walk in clinic. Not saying that they will be able to figure it out but at least you try. Better than doing long term damage.

Get it seen to sooner rather than later. My shoulder injury was suspected SLAP tear, turned out not, but supraspinatus tendon tear instead. Got it repaired, did the rest and rehab (thanks again Treehouse!) and it's still going well six years on.

I'm six weeks post surgery and that little bit of mobility that comes back everyday is the life preserver that's keeping me afloat. I don't know the exact quote but "Nothing breaks a man more than extended periods of inactivity."

The weather isn't helping either. Laying in the sun on Saturday and shovelling snow on Sunday.

Back