How'd it go today?

Was getting all set for a bit of home maintenance, just got the weedwhacker started and went to lift it up and BAM...my back went out. Muscle spasm from lower middle to mid left.
Currently on the couch.
Bummer, weather looks good for the rest of the week, dance card was full.

Last edited:
Don't know about the golf, but I've had great luck with the couple VW products I've owned. My first car was a beetle...drove the wheels right off that baby. Later owned a turbo diesel station wagon; spunky little thing!

just got the weedwhacker started and went to lift it up and BAM...my back went out.
Geez.

My back went out big time on jan 2 with little warning. I was down and out for a record amount of time, 2 weeks mostly on my back, 3rd week some improvement, 4 and 5th week basically back to normal. It's such a pita to not know what is going to make it go out.

So, the fellas are outside hooking up the new water supply...and a MONTH ago I said:
'Take the lowest weatherboards off the outside of the house by the bathroom so you can see what's going on inside the wall.'
Fast forward to today....no cold water in the bathroom sink or toilet, guess what they said:
'Those boards are going to have to come off so we can see what's going on inside.'
🙄🙄😳😣💥🌟⚡💯

What's she gonna sell? Etsy is pretty cool from a customer standpoint. You can find *unique stuff made by craftsmen as opposed to amazon's collection of junk you can find anywhere. I wish I thought of checking there more often.

*There's also mass produced junk and craftsmen of questionable skill, but there's a lot of cool stuff to see.
Prototypes of figured wood doodads. Key chains, fidgets, backpack flair,

20230205_144139.jpg 20230205_144151.jpg origami, too.

Pugetsoundcrafts on Etsy, soon!

My first car was a Mercury Capri II standard shift. I took my test in my father's Buick land yacht, and bumped a cone parallel parking, so I failed the test and had to retake it the next month :^S

I've had a 73 bus, 71 bus, 71 beetle, and 74 thing. AFAIC, VW quit making cars when they went to waterpumpers.

Just added another maple removal to a bid for a mother/ MIL of longterm customers (actually worked for the owners of their house previous to them, as well).

The chicken coop and chicken run that in the way of the existing work, and the new work is nicely built, and coming to my house, possibly along with some pre-split firewood and wood shed (in my way), as the new customer is 76yo and going from a wood stove to gas!

Also found a battery for my old Husky rear-handle, on eBay, that was otherwise useless, as the batteries are not available any longer!

A guy I know is coming over for my mini (compensated) to get under his house where his excavator won't reach. Win-win, as the Dingo's that are available for rent are much smaller capacity. My bucket is at least twice as big.

I just had a guy find a half price Harry to do the job sooner doing half the work I bid on. AFTER I guyed the offending trees to keep them off his bedroom. No hard feelings mind you. He wired me the money for keeping his house safe before the last two days of storms. I have plenty of work and he will have a mess he has to clean up. Last one that did that ended up paying 2-3x the amount of my bid to clean it up.
These are three pines on a steep slope next to a creek with no equipment access. :lol:
I was the middle bid. The high bid was twice mine.
Kharma is going to pay someone a visit.

What's the setup there? Looks like far leaner is an anchor, and you're cranking on the left tree that has a line going up, then to the close leaner down it's entire length?

At an unusually distant, no clean-up job, I just got underbid by a 1/3 price Peter, as the homeowner found someone to canopy-raise three big-branched firs over a retaining wall and fence. I bet the fence is not going to be untouched, but the trees will be, by spurs.

I did two for him last year or the year before, that were the same age/ shape, similarly over the fence. He complimented my professionalism and gave us a tip.

Got me to my friend's job sooner, less than 1 mile from home! Works fine for me.

Just added another maple removal to a bid for a mother/ MIL of longterm customers (actually worked for the owners of their house previous to them, as well).

The chicken coop and chicken run that in the way of the existing work, and the new work is nicely built, and coming to my house, possibly along with some pre-split firewood and wood shed (in my way), as the new customer is 76yo and going from a wood stove to gas!

Also found a battery for my old Husky rear-handle, on eBay, that was otherwise useless, as the batteries are not available any longer!

A guy I know is coming over for my mini (compensated) to get under his house where his excavator won't reach. Win-win, as the Dingo's that are available for rent are much smaller capacity. My bucket is at least twice as big.
You, or I, could probably install new cells into your old batteries as long as there's no unnecessary fancy circuitry inside that also needs replacing.

Back