How'd it go today?

Yea, that's what it's imitating. Supposed to look retro. I'd really like to get this one, but it's hard justifying a purchase due to looks. It's basically the same as the one I have, but better looking...

The other side of the coin is my home keyboard. It looks like this...

bl7b3hyjq8q51.jpg

The sticker fell off, but I think it was built in 1989. It's a tank. It weighs more than some modern laptops. You could bludgeon someone with it :^D It's got the cool buckling spring keys. Noisy, but very tactile and reliable.
But is has no diagonal keys and no turbo button.

Open hearth before I guess? Hard to beat for looks, but terrible for heat. That insert will work great for you.

I ordered a truck load of firewood a while back....but haven't heard from him. They got a bunch of snow on the mountain...and he warned me something like that could shut him down.

It will be lodgepole off the reservation.

Burning cottonwood now. Will need to go get some more trees to process.

Last edited:
Firewood is not so easy here!

The Indian fellow with the lodgepole is charging 900 bucks for a load.

He says its 6 cords or so. Lodgepole is apparently good fire wood.

Those bumpers are stuck down so hard Burnham....we could only get the middle section off. Probably need to cut them.

Thanks for the offer Scott! If fuel weren't so expensive.....

Pat sent a reel, bag, and throwline to my home for John and I to experiment with.😀

I had to go back to a lady’s home to change her toilet tank lever. I installed one last Friday made out of chrome plated solid brass (first picture). She said it was too small and you couldn’t hold it down easily. I told her “you don’t have to hold it down” she said “ I know but still”. I got her approval on a solid plastic one and installed it at no charge. Some of the stuff you have to do to keep people happy.

Attachments

• B4BBD45D-D330-49A5-B551-0046A4ECD99F.jpeg
    B4BBD45D-D330-49A5-B551-0046A4ECD99F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • F40B0045-7D10-4841-8E2A-CB5FAEF99D30.jpeg
    F40B0045-7D10-4841-8E2A-CB5FAEF99D30.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 5457EA7C-12C5-4F50-8174-AA72721AEDE1.jpeg
    5457EA7C-12C5-4F50-8174-AA72721AEDE1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
View attachment 125225

Remember when I said many yeas ago that I wanted a wood insert?
Today is the day!
Just make sure the wood won't settle in a way that makes it rest on the glass. It is possible for hot charcoal to start melting the glass. Worst case will likely just be ash fused to the glass that can't be cleaned off.
Pat sent a reel, bag, and throwline to my home for John and I to experiment with.😀

I had to go back to a lady’s home to change her toilet tank lever. I installed one last Friday made out of chrome plated solid brass (first picture). She said it was too small and you couldn’t hold it down easily. I told her “you don’t have to hold it down” she said “ I know but still”. I got her approval on a solid plastic one and installed it at no charge. Some of the stuff you have to do to keep people happy.
Some need it held down to flush more powerfully. High efficiency when only a weak flush is needed, just push and release, otherwise hold until the tank is empty.

Yeah, this just needed a flip of the lever to completely vacate the tank. Holding would do nothing. Any toilet working properly should only require a simple push and release of the lever.

Dropped my daughter off at school. As we passed the homeless camp near the county facilities, we could smell strong aroma of ether and chemicals like meth cooking. Then this...
Kids and staff are ok. Whatta day.. took a while to get my kiddo back.
Turns out, he was armed with a machete. Chased the principal briefly. Principal tried to talk him down. He had already broken a window of an occupied office there. Then tried to break into the Principals truck. He then started to wander off talking to himself mostly. Principal checked on the secured kids then followed observing. Sheriffs showed up. Blocked his exit. more than a couple warnings to drop the weapon and he then rushed the officers waving aforementioned weapon. That came to an abrupt halt in two shots.
Homeless man from the camp probably. Originally from Wyoming.
Had two meetings today. One with parents. Other with kids in a circle. everyone allowed questions and concerns. Addressing some security issues.
Good out come in a gun free zone, this time.

Firewood is not so easy here!

The Indian fellow with the lodgepole is charging 900 bucks for a load.

He says its 6 cords or so. Lodgepole is apparently good fire wood.

Those bumpers are stuck down so hard Burnham....we could only get the middle section off. Probably need to cut them.

Thanks for the offer Scott! If fuel weren't so expensive.....
Maybe a dumb question, but is anyone marketing some sort of " biobrick" there Jim? Wood chip waste processed into bricks for wood stove use.

BTW, I'm in Missoula again this week doing a final Beta test of the new saw training curriculum.

I'm back after a 4 day visit to Schweiz.
Family visit, mostly.
I had hoped to get into the Mountains, but all passes are closed by snow and the clouds were down low, so all I saw was the "Voralpine hügelzone"..........the foothills.
Add to that that my wife lost her phone in the airport and our plane got cancelled on the way down, meaning we were re-booked to one that left 10 hours later and you have the recipe for a great trip...................................................not!

All wasn't bad.
I had found a lovely old inn just across the German border for the first night.
Great food and a really fine German Spätburgunder ( Pinot Noir to you guys).
We were too late for the rental car, so they upgraded us to a fine Mercedes. ( Which cost me a speeding ticket, of course!!!)

My wife had a fine time with the grand kids :)

2022-12-03 10.08.23.jpg 2022-12-03 19.33.10.jpg

I think Mamas aka Turd Nugget likes fires more than I do...

IMG_20221206_104801438.jpg

I heard a sound a week or two ago, and thought "WTF is that!?". Turn down the music, look below me, and the cat's on her back, legs in the air, and purring her ass off. Complete ecstasy :^D

Maybe a dumb question, but is anyone marketing some sort of " biobrick" there Jim? Wood chip waste processed into bricks for wood stove use.

BTW, I'm in Missoula again this week doing a final Beta test of the new saw training curriculum.

There really are so few trees here that they would probably have to haul the chips from a great distance.

Back