How'd it go today?

Still have my last Think pad from about that era. Missing some keys. Ubuntu would run on it. Been meaning to wipe it. Let me know. Might still have some useful batteries, docking station and charge cord.

Update: Arm is very slowly improving.
Managing to tolerate a loose long-sleeve shirt today and can handle it being wrapped for 5-10 min. at a time.
Still can't do the ice, but cold washcloth helps some.
Movement not so good, but pain has at least dulled a bit.

They scheduled a 'diagnostic" visit for Wed. I had already got the skinny form a nurse who had this "they will just take an x-ray and tell you why they won't do anything". I've already been diagnosed so told them to shove their appointment if no immediate treatment was involved.

On the bright side, the fork marks in my face, from eating with the wrong hand, are healing good and I'm saving quite a bit on dog food. :lol:

Last edited:
Dropped my daughter off at school. As we passed the homeless camp near the county facilities, we could smell strong aroma of ether and chemicals like meth cooking. Then this...
Kids and staff are ok. Whatta day.. took a while to get my kiddo back.

I think the term I was looking for is “estate planning”.
Yesterday I also went and picked up my bifocals from the eye doc, sorted some stuff out with the bank I have my business account with( apparently they took my name off the account), and seen the crack doctor. Getting used to the glasses. Bank stuff I finished today. And the chiropractor seems to be working some kind of sorcery because I’m feeling a lot better.
Today was pretty easy. Couple of oak prunes and 3 smallish walnut removals. Dropped off a non running dirt bike to get fixed. As of right now it looks to be a dirty carb. Really irritating because I should’ve cleaned it but just didn’t want to fuss with it. Oh well, shouldn’t cost me to much. Getting ready to put the fire to bed and go to sleep myself

Did a red maple trim (deadwood, hangers, broken branches, and house power line cut back) which went well. I got the throw bag stuck like predicted with house lines on 2 sides and public utility on another , bag shooting was limited. Lots of epicormics. Had to alternate a 30’ and 15’ lanyard to get up to set a TIP. Now I’ll be putting together a “gaming” desk for my oldest.

Well. When the rental lift breaks and screws with getting a custy done for the second time... It's time to take matters into my own hands. I guess they need to order the part Monday so they can fix it when I return it? No alternatives? Tech says he could drive from 2.5 hours out to rig it with a wire some one can pull to rev the motor to drive hydraulics as needed to move the boom.
So I dug in. Tried to make a cable stop for the inside of the long nut by the solenoid. Would not hold. So it turns out, the choke cable will fit. I put a crimp stop on the broken cable and put it on the choke. And the choke cable on the throttle. Common issue here. They should have the fuggers on the shelf.
Not completely that simple though. Threads were buggered on the throttle nuts and the solenoid shaft. So tapped and threaded them back to proper. Then reinstalled. 20221204_135949.jpg

Last edited:
Anything fancy? Mechanical keyboards are sweet. They can be spendy, but worth the cost imo. I use a Model M at home(cheap from a thriftshop), and a azio at work(kinda expensive).

edit:
This is what I use at work...

main-01-x1400.png

Yea, that's what it's imitating. Supposed to look retro. I'd really like to get this one, but it's hard justifying a purchase due to looks. It's basically the same as the one I have, but better looking...

The other side of the coin is my home keyboard. It looks like this...

bl7b3hyjq8q51.jpg

The sticker fell off, but I think it was built in 1989. It's a tank. It weighs more than some modern laptops. You could bludgeon someone with it :^D It's got the cool buckling spring keys. Noisy, but very tactile and reliable.

Back