How'd it go today?

A steel grass blade has served me well in tall grass, hip high. The string head is for grass foot tall or less around edging, deck, fence lines, light duty stuff.

Rode Timmelsjoch pass from Austria into Italy today, then Jaufen and Brenner back.
Great ride.
Lots of hairpin curves.
Now I'm sitting in my tent while a major thunderstorm is raging outside.
Hope it blows over in the night.

Spot's been on a tear lately. In the last ~7 days, she's gotten a mouse, a bird, a snake, and she just brought a squirrel to the back door; half missing D^: I got the snake away from her, and put it back in the brush, but I haven't been able to do anything for the other critters. Dunno how she managed to get a squirrel.

Friction saver part2. Now with GrippingCord™

IMG_20220523_082413290.jpg

I'm waiting on a pro made conduit that's part of a backorder, so I figured I'd try to refine this. I'm hoping the cord will keep it from sliding around the branch. That's some gnarly cord I found at work, and it doesn't slip as much as I'd like tightening the constrictors, but I think it'll work.

Interesting day yesterday. My son and I got up at 5:45 to go be parking drones for a regional cycling group ride at a local park. About 300-400 vehicles filled with a bunch of metrosexuals (never seen so many friggin' bearded, man-buns in my life; was yearning for my MS-193 and a sick little fantasy to cut them all off). That took 3+ hours, then came home, reshortened the grass (as the rain we had the past week added another 8", and my son was sick last week and blew off his job of the back yard, so that was almost 1.5'). Finished up, cleaned up and then went to my first appearance at one of my daughter's fencing competitions. She's about 2 yrs. in, has progressed well, but has hit a stumbling block in competition. Hope it's just teenage hormones messing with her, and she gets that fixed soon (as the bills from the "rich man" sport are hefty enough). Got home around 19:30, and upon entering the house, get a call from my brother about a "downed limb" in front of 2 units at the condo complex he sends work for me. Grabbed my son, took the chip truck and pickup (as the truck was going in for maintenance today), and run into a ~40' Linden lead covering the front doors/walkways of 3 units. Took us about 90 mins. to cut up, untangle, clean up and haul away the mess. Got home and unpacked by about 23:30, so just passed out on the couch with half-eaten dinner/beverage. Just emailed him the big, fat bill for emergency, night cleanup, so at least there was positive at the end of it.

Last edited:
We have that under ours.
Found out too late and had to shift the soil in all of them and put mesh in.
Lotta work!

Woods bat-wing smoked a belt this morning...found & installed new belt = not the problem

Spent the next 6.5 hrs trying to remove a spindle with bad bearings...of course it had to be the center spindle where every bolt is nearly impossible to get to and has you praying for just a second click on a ratchet...I 'bout had given up for the day and the old guy
who works on our tractors came over to show me how it's done: he broke the pulley trying to beat it loose from the tapered flange with a little sledge hammer...wonderful! Still can't remove spindle.

Looks like I'll be mowing with just two decks tomorrow.

Well I hope you don't catch em throwing their garbage bags overboard

Back