How'd it go today?

Misty is an exceptional 2 year old.

She is good natured, smart and eager to learn.

So...when we found out that Lynley was supposed to be riding Misty by now for her project, we were not too concerned.

The 4H Horse teacher told her it was not nearly enough time to get her going. They had done some ground work....but no solo rides.

She won it....and pleasingly enough...her 4H Horse coach sponsored the trophy she was awarded.

Congratulations ! Lots of hard work that!
What did the client do?
Wasted my time for the last time. Long sordid tale. Cant fix idiots.
I went and helped a buddy instead, try to erect a storm thrown oak. Broke and melted a prussic (10mm Ultra tech) as it cut through 1/2 stable braid pulling on the tree with a 5:1 hooked to my truck.
We took the prussic out of the system and went to anchor hitches on a 33000 rated rigging ring. Broke the rope again. So, after that bit of physical science, we concluded, that if he wants to try and save the tree, we will need some stout cable and a large tracked machine. My personal recommendation was kill the offending oak that smacked my fine pruning work from the fall. He'll let me know after he has the conversation with his wife.
Much more rewarding day than dealing with a moron. And i got some Alaskan caught salmon, King and Red, he brought back from his Alaskan trip :D

A continuation of the lot clearing from late winter. Flopped some nice hickoey , a shame really, but that is where his house is going and the over dig would have been a death sentance. Flopped a sketchy oak I'll get a pic tomorrow of the stump and the lack of holding wood. We probably put in six hours of saw time on three saws each. I'm thinking 100 + yards of chips tomorrow. Two more tomorrow, oaks. One big stub 40" DBH 45' heavy head lean the wrong way. And another 30" 1/2" insurance to the lay.

That is really amazing for a 2 year old, Jim.
Lynley must have done some fine work with here.
Congrats!

Hot as shit again today. Might have been 1°-2° warmer. Only worked outside half a day. Funny how hot weather makes more of a difference when the boss is outside, eh? :^D If it was just me, I'd have been out all day.

Played on the computer for awhile. and decided on doing some non-pressing paperwork. That ended up ballooning. including having a client call for some more papers, and ended up with me pulling a measurement on a house on my way home that the boss forgot to get. My early day wasn't early at all.

Well, it seems that my internet is working again. Got knocked out by storms a couple days. ago.

A couple hundred thousand around here have lost power...ours did some serious flickering, but stayed on.

Been putting in some extra hours trying to get things caught up at the course...should be caught up tomorrow after I mow all the treeline between the fairways with the zero-turn and hit 100 yards or so of the driving range with the bat-wing.

Last edited:
nope.... I extract. The drawn comb is gold. I don't phuc it up by stuffing it in a jar. Besides eating wax seems goofy

Not if I'm getting it :). It is not really a useful thing, honeycomb, except to people who don't really use honey for their cooking...more like for those who like the idea of honey. Just my perspective, and not intending any slam on anyone.

Comb probably has no health benefit. I think people like it for the nostalgia part.

As a beekeeper, I can reuse the drawn comb multiple times. Bees spend fewer resources building new comb and more time gathering nectar. A strong hive can fill a super in days!

I totally mis read your post B.

Farm boys start real early. I remember visiting my cousin, Noah, at their farm when I was 10 or so...he was already driving tractors to haul hay, pull tobacco sleds, etc. By 13 YO we used to take the full sized tractor several miles away to go to a swimming hole. And he was driving the family's Impala all over the farm...could barely reach the gas pedal.

Impala.jpg

Back