How'd it go today?

We survived the boss being on vacation. Only two less employees than a week ago.
The wife and kids are out at a birthday party for someone I don’t know leaving me here alone to suffer through the peacefulness of a really nice rain. I’m just sitting on the front porch and relaxing in the coolness of it. Thinking about taking a nap.

Let the seeds slowly fall from high with a gentle blower sideway, like to remove the bran old school. That should clear away most of the dead bugs.

Needed just a foot or so of 14g solid wire. 45 minutes waiting at Home Depot for someone to come run the little carousel thing with all the spools on it, similar to the thing for dispensing carpet and vinyl floor. The wire I needed was up by the ceiling. Apparently only 2 employees were qualified to run the machine and they weren’t responding to pages. At one point I was sitting on the floor snoozing in the aisle. Finally found the 4 digit code written on a beam in Sharpie, so I got it myself and took a picture of the bar code for the cashier. Was a satisfying moment when the light turned green after punching in that code.

Seems like it's always an issue when I go to big box store. Go there, strike out, hit up a little shop, and they have what I need, all with 10% of the footprint of LoweDepot

Another lame summer day. I was on a job to stakeout a lot for a house we finished earlier this year. They mowed the front yard, and maybe 100' around the house on the other sides, but left the rest as meadow. Dunno if it was intentional, laziness, or what, but it was really nice. I was enjoying watching the butterflies and bees hit the flowers. Saw a weird bug too, that was flying to the flowers, but I have no idea what it was, or even how to search it. It looked like a really bizarre bee, but blockier, and no stinging apparatus I could see. I wanted to get a pic, but lost track of it.

20210809_135218.jpg

Nice to find some unexpected serenity.
I got home from work to find both downspouts clogged in the pouring rain. The 24' fiberglass ladder was on top of the 20' aluminum so that was the one I fought with in the downpour to get at the eavestroughs.

Last edited:
That sucks. That's an ongoing problem for me, and one of the downsides to all my trees. Fortunately, I'm in a rancher, so a short stepladder can handle it. Unfortunately, a lot of times it's pouring it's ass off when I notice, so I'm scooping crap out the gutter in the rain.

I might have found my weird bug. I didn't get a look at it's face, so I can't be certain, but a hummingbird moth checks a lot of the boxes I remember seeing.

Back