How'd it go today?

The new roof looks real purty! Seeing you up on that roof reminded me of a job we were on a few weeks ago. Roofers were doing a replacement across the street, about 8 or 10 guys up on the roof working. Every single one of them was wearing a safety harness; but not a single one was tied to anything. Things that make you go, hmmmmm.

Finished up the roofing job we started last week today. Needed to let some rain pass through after we got the tar paper on. This field camp is in a great location with a great view.View attachment 111978
Two of the foresters who work for me helped out. Tearing off the old metal roof...every gasket nail needed a flat bar to remove.View attachment 111979View attachment 111980View attachment 111981
New standing seam metal roof completed. Now we need to restain the outside and repair some gutter issues.
I sooo want to be there! :love:

Well, after four days of storm work, I had planned on a lazy Friday. We were already planning to go and cut the church yard and cemetery, but that's not too bad. Then I got a call from a nearby state park that needed me to come and get down a tree that had root shifted and was hung in another tree and leaning over the road. We camped there two weeks ago, and I biked the park, checking for danger trees. I mentioned two tall leaning pines that I saw. One of them had begun to shift in the last two weeks. It was probably 26"-28", 90' tall and the top was nearly 20' out of plumb. I set a line about halfway up and routed it through a block and back to the truck to put some tension on it before I went up. Zipped the small stuff and natural-crotched the bigger limbs to reduce top load and wobble. Once I got it rendered down to a 30' spar, it had righted itself somewhat, leaving a 2"-3" gap on the lean side. Got to go back next week for the other one.

Just an overuse thing based on poor mechanics.
Swollen inflamed middle toe joint... it was a burning nerve between my toes, for like 10 months.
Finally decided to go to the doctor.

Celebrated the Rosenbergs execution one day early this year and got paid to do so thanks to Creepy Uncle Joe. Funny how things work out. 8)

Life is great Bob.

Cory I declined the cortisone shot between the toes...
Im going for adjusting mechanics, stretching and ice...
but just tweaked it moving furniture and the zap burn is still there.... I’m supposed to start running 40/week Monday....

I shy away from even ibuprofen... meanwhile hella people chew that stuff on the norm w Monster.

I'm totally that way too. Sometimes though it seems to pay to bite the bullet and eat some vitamin I to prevent a huge back issue.

Back