How'd it go today?

Leaning against a workshop, where a retired airplane engineer (aeronautical???) Is working on vintage motorcycles, listening to a mellow eclectic blend of tunes, minding a backup belay line on one of two 12 year olds up a tree, Hitch hiker Ropewalker SRS set-ups, to about 90'.

Attachments

• 1601757903749-2055873615.jpg
    1601757903749-2055873615.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 9
Wouldn't be accurate to call the day productive, but I got some stuff done. While I was waiting for you guys to rescue me with my RopeWrench issue, I took a look at my dead apple...

IMG_20201004_122052.jpg

Figured since I had my climbing stuff out, I might as well get on it. Haven't been in a tree since I trimmed my oak. Removed a few things, then noticed I could use a wedge. Climbed down, got a couple wedges and my boy scout hatchet. Tied a tether to that, put my spurs back on, and took out the limb I got the wedges for. I still hit a walnut I was trying to miss, but no serious damage. I was puzzling over the last couple legs, and decided to call it quits for the day. It's warmer out than I'd like, and I want to consider the rest of the removal. I'm thinking I'll set a rope, and use a redirect so I can pull it over in-tree. It's leaning towards the back neighbor's property, and it's pretty tall/thin, so a wedge will be a little tricky. This is what I have now...

IMG_20201004_135416.jpg

So, not a huge change, but I got something done. Cut the stuff up gor firewood with my 026. It was overkill, but I wanted to really run it. A little smokey, but it ran good. I haven't studied it, but I think it's had a muffler mod at least. I know the dealer provides at least that as a service. I heard him talking to a customer while I was in there. Dunno if he does porting or anything like that.

So, not a bad day. Not amazing, but I'm on track to getting things done.

I don't think I have to go that far even. It's got a bunch of extra holes that don't through the spark arrestor, which is still in place for inexplicable reason...

IMG_20201004_155145.jpg

lxskllr ... If it were my saw I’d pull that muffler off and deburr those holes, a pc of metal could flake off and get sucked back into the cylinder , then again it could run like that for 20yrs too 😁

Is that a possibility? I didn't like the way they looked, but I figured it wasn't a big deal. Do they ever suck through the exhaust?

I started mine last September, and never cut it. I always have a goatee, but I had been shaving the sides when spring came. Didn't bother this year. I was considering shaving the sides to get ready for cool weather, cause I like the cool air on my face, but then I'd have a funky tan line, and I just didn't feel like it. Kind of enjoying the homeless look anyway.

Forgot. Someone that wasn't me broke a branch on one of my dawn redwoods. It isn't the end of the world, but I hate seeing them get damaged. It was a fairly significant branch considering the size of the whole tree. I wish they'd hurry up and grow so they're a little more robust. It was two branches from a fork, so I stuck them in some dirt, and I'm hoping they root. I don't have any rooting powder or anything, so it probably won't work, but it's free to try. I guess I'll see this spring if they stay alive. The needles might not last long enough at this point to do anything. Dunno...

Plumbing sucks. Even simple jobs have a way of eating more time than expected. Nice work :^)

Is that a possibility? I didn't like the way they looked, but I figured it wasn't a big deal. Do they ever suck through the exhaust?

No. Frankie is blowing exhaust, just like every saw muffler outlet is. Sucking back in?...I don't think so.

But then again, he's a saw mod guru, and I'm just a chump who ran saws professionally for more than a few decades. I could easily be mistaken. It certainly has happened before :).

Yah , I’m not going to get into a long-winded dissertation on 2-stroke theory on resonance, harmonics and sonic waves etc etc ... Suffice to say that IF debris / metal chips and or shavings (from... ahem drilling holes for a muffler mod) make their way into the firing chamber via the exhaust port the unit could possibly suffer expensive damage ... Heck ; a pc could flake off into the muffler and fall into the cylinder during handling/transit ... I always thoroughly deburr and wash in hot-soapy water - easiest way not to get shit on your boot is to not step in it in the first place :D

Started the day in the rain, drove an hr and gained 600m in elevation...darned if it didn't start to SNOW!!! Its supposed to be Spring!!!Job was to fell some awkward trees near a nice shack by the lake.
Brought my hired gun tree faller and his wife who is my regular groundie, he flopped a half dead leaning nasty, the three of us limbed and bucked it, in the snow...
Cuppa tea, then put a pull rope in the next one, redirect pulley to the winch on the back of the truck, he used my 462 as his chain was dull from the other tree...plopped that tree right in the gap, limbed and bucked, cut to firewood, piled and done!!
10 yr veteran bushie tree faller and log truck driver...he liked my saw! Yay!
Back down to the flatland...back to Spring where the sun is shining.

Basin wrench Cory. Head swivels to grap the nuts up at the faucet underneath.
Normally, with a new sink, ill install the drain, faucet and hoses before set the sink.
The cold line kept finding watet from somewhere in the house, so it was screwing with the gluing. Stuffed some bread into the line to hold the water back while i glued the new CPVC parts and set the angle stops/valves. I had to blow that line into a bucket to get the bread out before i hooked it to the faucet.

Back