How'd it go today?

Jim, being the vegetarian nitwit that I am, I eat a shitload of lentils.
I'd love to munch on some of yours.
But, honestly, I doubt I can find them around here.

I just wanted you to know, it is not for lack of trying.
Great, then become the European distributor. You can start by buying up the current supply on hand.

Didn't do much at work. Hung a mirror in the bathroom. That's been kinda bugging me for >5 years now. Finally decided to do something about it :^D Did a couple little things, then went to mom's to get her phone straight.

She's getting too old to handle crap. I'm just gonna start paying the phone bill, so I know it's done. It's a cell phone she recently got without consulting me. It's waaay too much phone for her. I /think/ she's got basic operation more or less down, but if it continues being a problem, I'll try "easy" mode on it, but it's a shame to use powerful phone intentionally crippled. Her house line(comcast) has some kind of issue. She never specified, and I didn't ask further. I'm hoping she just lets it go and uses the cell. A phone anchored to the wall is the dumbest shit ever aside from a few very specific circumstances.

Got home and made the grass shorter. I need to fix the tractor, but I don't want to fool with it til stupid season's over with. I'm getting the grass shorter now, and I don't want to fix it so much it quits altogether without ample time to correct it.

Got my home energy report today. I did pretty well. This pretty much covers most of my highest ac use...

DgA9XJA.png

That's the terse format. I don't look at my exact usage, and I don't know exactly what it is month to month. I have budget billing, which estimates usage, and you pay a fixed rate every month. It gets reconciled in the fall, and I'll either get a "free" month or more, or have to pay a bit extra. I prepay my bill for convenience. I pay $500 at a time, and that lasts about 6 months. Gives me the convenience of autopay without anyone accessing my bank account. I'm not switching providers, and I'm not likely going anywhere, so if I die or something, someone else can fight over the ≤$500. At that point, it's Not My Problem™ :^D

Is it possible the bar needs to be dressed? A couple people mentioned sensitivity to burrs and stuff. I use an Oregon bar dresser(plastic jig with a file in it), but I'm 90% certain it's made by Pferd. They're ~$25 online. Pretty easy to use.

edit:
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/OREGON-111439-Bar-Rail-Dresser/dp/B001SCRY1C/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=bar+dresser+chainsaw&qid=1597878856&sr=8-11&tag=duc0c-20

You can get Chinese made a good bit cheaper, but...

I have one of those plastic dressers with a file in it. Near worthless IMO. I mounted two stacked 2x4s years ago alongside my bench grinder. Works wonders for squaring bar rails.

Yea, that's probably better for professional use, especially when you have multiple saws getting used all day. I'm pretty happy with the Oregon file, but it isn't something I often have to use. I keep it in my saw bag, and I'll do a bar in the field when I don't feel like working anymore, but don't want to come in yet either. Just sit outside, and take care of some of the minutia of saw maintenance.

Got quotes on both houses for portable generator inlets.

Going to install sister's this year and maybe mine next year.

I was kidding around a bit and asked Pam "If i had something electric that needed plugged in do you have an outlet that is available anywhere in the house?" Answer: "No" :lol:

Going to have to add a new panel on account of every circuit in hers is already used...we'll be going with a bit of "tough love" when she uses the generator: essential circuits only. :/:

After this hurricane season, I'm gonna keep my eyes open for a portable generator. Been meaning to do it for years, and I need to get off my ass and make it happen. I won't hardwire it or anything. Just a couple extension cords for the sump pump and fridge. Other than that, I'm fine with no electric at all. Power down is a nice break from all the "stuff".

After this hurricane season, I'm gonna keep my eyes open for a portable generator. Been meaning to do it for years, and I need to get off my ass and make it happen. I won't hardwire it or anything. Just a couple extension cords for the sump pump and fridge. Other than that, I'm fine with no electric at all. Power down is a nice break from all the "stuff".

I did that for many years. We usually lose power in the Winter, if we do, and I've always rewired the furnace to have a plug...against code, and whenever i need a furnace repair they rewire it to code...then I go back to plug after they leave... getting tired of the hassle...

This way I can use the generator to keep both houses going fairly easily. I get along without power quite well, but Sis not so good...

I wired in one of these a couple of years ago. Just roll the generator out, Kill main breaker and turn on generator breaker, plug cord from generator to inlet box, and crank 'er up...

I ran all the electric here when I upgraded the service...if it can't be fixed with a hammer or saw I'd rather pay someone else to do it anymore...never did care for elec work.

Back