How'd it go today?

That's Odin's way of saying you should buy a new saw. You don't want to piss Odin off, do you? ;^)

I found a machine today!

IMG_20200821_091603.jpg

Actually, I knew it was there, but no one else would have. It was nothing but a big pile of bittersweet. That was halfway to completion. I'm clearing fencelines on the farm again. Using my 2511t, with the old echo bar, and the remains of the original chain. Already bent one tooth back, and the rest have been filed down to near non existence. Not the most fun work, but I kind of enjoy it.

Boss said he found a hornet nest laying on the ground by the fence I did last week. Still full of hornets. Must have knocked it down with the brushcutter. News to me. I must have sat on a horseshoe or something over the winter. I've only been stung once this year, and I kinda deserved it for sticking my hand against a wasp nest. I've gotten lucky a few times now.

I dropped an oak into a hornet's nest yesterday.
Got hit 5 times.
I was going to have my dead hand looked at, but right now it looks like a West Phalian smoked ham, so I'll have to postpone that.

Do y'all have plantain there, Stig? I know for a fact that it will take the pain right out of stings. Just chew a leaf or two up and press it on the sting(s). If it's a really bad one, a bandaid to hold a plug of it there will help.

1598034089255.png

Nope, too cold for that.
Might be able to grow it in the poly tunnel.
Worth looking into.
If nothing else, growing plantain would keep me ahead of the Joneses :lol:

I have used it many times. Wasps, yellow jackets, honey bees....it works for them all. I have read that it works for scorpions as well.

I have, at times, when I couldn't find plantain, used dandelion in its place.

Finished off the day brushcutting, and then made a drive to get 16G corn free gas. Nailed the cost almost perfectly. I got my mix can(1.25G) down to .5G so I could top it up while there. I paid $50, and filled all four cans, leaving only .1G air in the final can. Simple pleasures :^D

The reason I get so much is I have to go to PA to get it. Work is 33% there, so I take my cans in with me to save a bit of gas and time. They don't have corn free anywhere in this part of MD. If I lost my PA source, I'd either have to get aviation fuel, or run corn gas with a premix flush for the last fill or two. I have a small airport close. Dunno if they'd sell me fuel, but breathing leaded exhaust isn't appealing.

On the way home, there was a long stretch of road with chestnut burrs on the shoulder, and I didn't see any chestnut trees. Not sure what that was about...

I have, at times, when I couldn't find plantain, used dandelion in its place.

I'm not familiar with plantain, don't know if we have it here, but yeah I was thinking it looked like dandelions. Thanks for the info

All my bars/chain is .050.

Normally the 42" bars for husqvarna are .063 from what I've seen.

Hear ye, hear ye, here ye!! Ollie ollie inFree... Confucious say TH very good place, go there much, learn much.

Um, I had a little problem with my long (42"bar), it just wasn't cutting well at all in gnarly hardwood. Um, a young man from the great state of TN brought it to my attention that, SMH, sigh, oh geez,:|::banghead::banghead:, well, I guess I'll just come out and say it.... I was running ..050 chain on a 42" .063 bar.. :banghead::stoopyd:
Um, In view of this transgression, II repectfully request permission to remain a member here at the TreeHouse. If request denied, I fully understand:wall:

And I really was about to say the other day, you might be able to get away with .050 on a brand new .063 bar as it is only a .013 difference, and my absolute cutoff (for wear) is .015"

Musta been cutting crooked and binding or something?

I'm glad we figured it out, you may stay.

Musta been cutting crooked and binding or something?

Crooked and SLOW.

If I were to buy the correct .063 chain as shown in your link, would I have to change the drive sprocket too?

Once again California is burning up. Except for Ft. Bragg on the Mendocino coast. Terri and I are blessed.

And once again the fire refugees are fleeing to the coast. With the current Covid crises going on it looks like Armageddon.

Tourists have been told to leave town, and the motels have been turned into refugee camps.

If you must go into town to get anything better be early, and be quick.

In all my days...

Went over to mom and dads place today and worked on some storm thrown oaks that might be a fire hazard to the house. Since dads fall, he has not been able to do a lot. So Rob and I got busy and cleaned up two closest to the house and structures. Fire wood all bucked up and ready for my son Levi to go split and stack and spend time with them. Usually an over nighter.
Maybe I'll install that new AC I bought this year over the weekend between estimates. :dontknow:
I am a tad weary after climbing in the heat and smoke. See how I fare with my plans.

Back