How'd it go today?

I've always wondered about poison ivy sap and it's relative the Chinese lacquer tree. The lacquer artisans have to build up a tolerance to urishiol over time apparently. Wonder if they eat the leaves too?

I think they lick the brush when doing fine lines or something like that.... i think that's what i was thinking of when i had read something about it. I guess licking the brush was a huge problem when they were making glow in the dark watches way back in the day, they didn't know that the radioactive paint was cancerous, and i guess it killed a bunch of the girls that used to do that work. Crappy way to go.

Yea, that sounds about right. Even with my stuff that isn't usually time sensitive, if I have a client that needs important work done, another is usually there with him, and then the weather starts...

Yea, I'm more an old military truck kind of guy, but I like that house a lot. Looks like it wasn't always a residence?

Birch is a cool tree. I almost got some river birch(a native here) for my side yard cause it's pretty wet, but ended up getting a dawn redwood instead. Hoping I live long enough to see it big.

I get somewhat envious about what you can grow freeland, Mick.
Stuff that I have to do under plastic.
Liked his Lotus and the Jaguar 150 better than that piece of American crap.

That sucks. Looks fairly clean considering the tonnage though.

edit:
Broke my Woodmans Pal machete today. Snapped at the handle when I was putting tips on stakes. Just looked up getting another one, and they have almost no stock at the company store, and the one model they have is insanity priced at $175. I wonder if they're going out of business. The hook on the back, and compact size made it really useful for certain things. I'll miss not having one.

Last edited:
Back