How'd it go today?

Back to work after 2 days off.
We bought some frisbees and played disc golf yesterday. We had a lot of fun, definitely gonna do it again.

Fair weekend here.
Been trying to work through some fix it lists and fair got in the way. My chipper shutte is behind schedule for welding, but I got new lights installed on the flatbed. Frustrating, but progress.

I have a buddy stopping by tomorrow to help me install my new 15000 BTU window ac unit. That fugger is YUGE! And just 110/115... I'm amazed.

Oh, man. I couldn't take that. MD is already too hot for me. If I didn't know where everything was, I'd pack up and head north. Too old, and too used to being here at this point.

Heat is one thing - the humidity is what's killer. 98 degrees with 95% humidity is like working in SOUP.

Long weekend is nearly here. I've been painting my house this week. Fugging boring. But needs to get done and I'm not about to pay someone to do it while I'm not working(two week mill curtailment). We go back to work next week but running such a skeleton crew/shifts that I'm on call. Hopefully things pick up workwise. At this rate I could be forced back into treework. Lol.

It’ll pick up Squish.

Can’t wait for the hot weather to ease, the phone has started ringing and the diary is filling.

I get pissed off with tree work, and plot my escape at this time of year a lot, but then you put a couple of lucrative days together, nothing gets broken and you think, making this kind of money any other way won’t be easy.

I get antsy as f-ck when not working steady. Drink to much, ride bikes to much(not in that order) , start to think about daytrading as a job, seriously consider buying lotto tickets. Etc, etc, etc. I'm definetly happiest and most content when I work a 40hr week, and maybe some ot too.

You just stock up a lake/pond and people pay you to come and fish in it?

That could easily lead to a serious bout of alcoholism. :drink:

Sorta, you buy a lake, stock it with a half dozen big carp and a few smaller ones, supply a cabin with some basic facilities.

The English fisherman hire it for a week at around 2k, there’s usually 5 or 6, so it’s a cheap holiday, they drive down here from England, they spend most nights in their little tents, often stoned, catching fish.

20 weeks a year= 40k, I could maintain and keep an eye on the place during the summer, hit the trees when it’s cooler.

There’s a lake near me for sale, I’m waiting for the guy to come back from holiday to talk to him.

25 years ago I worked on a fishing lake in the UK.

So far, things are going pretty good. Started thinning around an overgrown pond yesterday, and tweaked my back *again*. Could hardly move. Woke up today feeling not too bad, put some Tiger Balm on, and spent a couple hours going around the pond today. No real back issues. Still have a bunch more to do. When it gets cooler, I'll clear with my brushcutter, and get a better feel for what'll look good, and at what density. Easier to remove trees than put them back. Possibly excepting the stupid sweetgum. That stuff grows like a weed.

Fair weekend Justin.
No big showing yet on our animals. Poultry can't have any, Newcastle disease, so the kids did showmanship withstuffed chickens, ducks and turkeys. Levi took 3rd
Lilly has one rabbit that will be auctioned for market, but came in like 4th.
Her show rabbits are taking 3rd and 4th. Waiting on showman ship and gawd I am starving. No food in barns. Dropped my damn breakfast after one bite this morning.
Dry ice keep in the cooler cold for sammiches.

I just re-upped my first aid...
Have you ever seen the length of the needle in an epi-pen? It's like an inch and a half long! That's why you have to jab yourself in the meaty part of the thigh, underneath...you do it on top and chances are that needle will hit bone. Apparently its not good to inject adrenaline into bone...
Also, the prescription is for two pens...the second is for when the first isn't enough.
Then we had the discussion about the douchebag who bought the company that makes 'Epi-Pens'...remember he was going to increase the price by like 400%? He didn't in the end, the outcry was so much, but the Australian Gov't decided to allow other brands to be stocked, just in case, so 'Epi-Pen' no longer have the market to themselves.

Yeah. I know all about what BS that company pulled. As far as I know theirs is still outrageously priced. I drove to another pharmacy because the first one only had “that” brand. My insurance won’t cover “that” brand either. It was $365. The “generic” is covered and cost me $63& some change out of pocket. Still a huge mark up to what the actual cost of the drug is I’m sure but much less greedy. Price gouging is illegal for most things. Apparently pharmaceuticals are exempt

Not worried about the needle length. I buried a 3&1/2” tree spur into my ankle/heel. Not a fan of needles but the quick stab doesn’t bother me. I just can’t see it going in

Back