How'd it go today?

Is there a new truck in your future, Deva?

Worked a 12 hour OT shift 7am to 7pm, now unwinding with a few Jamesons. They're tasting quite delicious tonight:)

I had a job up at a sort of 'alternate' town, lots of artists, schooling for kids who don't fit the mainstream, etc...deadwooding and thinning an Atlantic cedar in front of a house.
All the kids at the house are homeschooled, the two youngest girls watched us all day, were desperate to be involved and help brimming with curiosity and questions. They sat in the tray of the ute and quizzed my groundy relentlesly.
The little boy from next door came out to watch couldn't have been more than 4, complete with his 'leaf blower' made from a kleenex box and a cardboard tube, he sat on a little stool with a set of ear muffs on watching...then at the end of the day when I was down and we'd started to pack up, he and his little sister picked up all our cones and brought them to the truck, the girls from the house asked to swing on my rope, then wanted to pull it out of the tree...then help rake.
When Dad was loading the trailer, the lad from the house came out to help and another younger lad from next door came over and asked if he could help too!!!
What a treat, happy, curious, helpful kids, made my day.

Another silver Image.jpg If I extended my right arm I would be touching the chunk. My wife took this as she was driving by on lunch break.

The reason I asked if you mill any...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IW4MEi9BNJo?start=1116" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not spalted it was solid aside from the the root mat that was growing down the split. Plus at that size I had to quarter the trunk just to be able to move it.

I get it. Just curious. Ripping into quarters is a first step toward quarter-sawn wood.

Free disposal nearby is free.

Been rather hot lately,
Got a job cutting down a rotten oak over a pool
Good work for 90plus temps
Why do people expect us to be able to remove a tree over a pool and see zero trace of oil in the water? What, are we miracle workers?? Spent over an hour skimming the pool....looked good to me! I told her it was no worse than some oiled up human getting in there...
The mesh tarp really helped with debri clean up
image.jpg

Hate working over pools, but I like the money. Tarp is a tree man's best friend. Skimming at the end of the day ain't too bad. Idiot Hos would be another problem with dat.

On jobs like that can't you use vegetable oil?

Sure. Still an oil slick.
Some folks are never happy.

Hate working over pools, but I like the money. Tarp is a tree man's best friend. Skimming at the end of the day ain't too bad. Idiot Hos would be another problem with dat.

I am really proud of my mesh tarp idea. Normal tarps just don't work. Think about it

Back