How'd it go today?

I took down a spruce in a bad shape last week. The HO told me that the magpies were very active around it and she was worried about some babies. It was the very top, maybe only two feet over the nest, so I can't look in it at all before cutting. The (small) dead top took a fly to the ground. In the nest a little demolished, but not too bad, I found 2 babies magpie. After some slight reshaping, I lifted the top with the nest and hung it in an old rosebush arch. HO was very pleased to try to save them, but it was only about 6 feet hight so I had very little hope with the surrounding cats. Indeed, the next day, I found the top and the nest tilted and nobody inside.

A month ago, a customer asked me to cut down two nests of magpies near his house. He couldn't stand anymore the mess on the ground under the nests and overall their nerve breaking calls beginning every days at 5 a.m. Luckily, nobody in the nests yet, but what is funny is the different concerns from one people to an other.

I removed a yuge hazard pecan that an owl family living in it. We craned it out real gentle-like and a guy from the zoo removed them from the log. Lordy, you shoulda heard those things squak!!!

Wrapped up a 13 tree removal job, one canopy-raise prune. Lines rehung. My old employee made a guest-appearance as my celebrity groundman. Good times. He's moving out of town.

Chipped a bunch onsite. New MS661 is getting some use. Lotta bucking goes fast with that behind a sharp chain.

Friday. Chilling. Coffee is ready. About to go get the kid. After that indica30. Maybe do some big swinging in the tree harness, or climb a tree.

But FIRST! Indica-thirty!!!

119362112234.gif

I'm skipping the Illuminated Procession of the Species parade tonight.

That would be around 9 mushroom-30 pm.

I'll go to the daytime regular Procession of the Species parade tomorrow. Kiddo's class are going to be flying foxes!

Easier on the liver than acetaminophen anyways. I love ibuprofen, it's the only otc pain pill and fever reducer that's ever worked for me and the kids. Tylenol is absolutely useless in my opinion.

Working night shift at the plant, hopefully easy night. Brought a couple scraps of rope, goal is to memorize a few more friction hitches. Also got some 3 strand and some tenex, I'd love to learn to splice.

Jonny, splicing is fun and easy to learn for 3 stand and tenex. Double braid really isn't too bad either. Get the rigging apprentice by Brian Toss, well worth it for learning that stuff.

The new ambulance has a funny cot retention system.

The old rig I was more familiar with had a knob you smashed and then you yanked the cot out.

What a fugging stupid way to get hurt.

Anyway....PT responded very well to 4 liters O2 via nasal canula. Difficulty breathing.....probably pneumonia. Diminished on the left side.

She was so happy once the O2 started flowing.......

Pulse ox was 90 when we started...not terrible low.

That info was very interesting to me.

4 liters of O2 via nasal canula is just as effective.....maybe more so, than 14 liters via a poorly fitting NRB.

Jim did you see an improvement in the o2 level after awhile on oxygen? 90 doesn't seem that low espescially if a smoker.

Everything improved.

LOC, color,....everything!

Her temp even decreased.

Pulse ox was 90 91...I think.

Even before the o2 she was not cyanotic in any way.

Just cold and altered.

We are more careful with the o2 than we used to be.

We rely on pulse ox readings more....even though they are notoriously inaccurate.

Apparently we should be relying on caphnography more!

Good results Jim

I got some new boots after work today. Viberg of course. I was reading the little pamphlet that came with them. Viber says they invented the replaceable caulk as one of their claims to fame. Before their innovation caulks were pounded into the soul they say. Also they reach the CSA standard for work boots without having a steel or composite shank. Which I'm guessing is why their nailed full leather boots are the most comfortable I've ever worn. Fully rebuildable boot so my ones with the wore out soul will soon get rebuilt and put on a shelf at home until these ones need a rebuild.

Just warming them by the fire for a couple hours before lubing them up.

IMG_1922.jpg

Back