How'd it go today?

Forgot pics again. I run skid loader all day as the boys did the felling. Got a mountain of stuff to run through the demo 18r tomorrow. Didn’t chip today because of the soft ground. We have to cross about 1200 foot of a soy bean field. Didn’t want to tear it all to hell. Down right frigid tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully it firms up enough to chip.

Found out tonight that my local crane op.. only guy up here.... that I have not heard back from for weeks. Stage 4 cancer just got home today. Not sure which kind yet. Guess I need to explore other options :(

Damn. Sad news.

One option that may develop if cancer has it's way...buy a crane business that needs a new proprietor. Just sayin'. You're not getting any younger, my friend. I think you could rock that niche.

Could be a good opportunity!

Had a hydro hose blow on the bucket yesterday morning shot the day to hell. Repair guy showed up at three and folded the boom up and replaced the hose.

No groundie was soaked just a blower, a 201, 150' rigging line, and a porty with a 12' sling. Not my gear thank god but a fuggin mess for sure.

Ground didn’t freeze up enough for the chipper and trucks to get in so plans changed
65EEBBCA-FB9C-46CF-82CC-DDDB881F566A.jpg
Open cab cable skidder. Jumping in the truck every few passes to get feeling back in my fingers and toes.

I'm sure you all know of this trick, but if you wear nitrile gloves (or any other surgical style) under your normal gloves it really helps. Same with wearing 2 buckle (or 5 buckles for that matter) over your boots, it's seriously like another layer. That won't help climbing obviously, but on the ground or on equipment it's night and day.

Four loads of chips by lunch time. Running out of material to throw in this thing. Going to have to start felling soon. I’m really liking this chipper!

Buckles....overshoes? New to me but I'm willing to hear how to keep things warm.

Never heard of nitrile/surgicals under regular gloves...will try that. Thanks.

For the machine itself. Open cab skidders are meant to be run with the fan pushing the air for the summer and pulling the air for the winter, just flip em around. And flipped to winter anyone I've run is pretty warm.

Back