How'd it go today?

No suing, just property valuation and insurance settlement. Nothing nasty.

Just like saying, "hey lady, how about if we just patch it up some? here's $1500."
and her saying, "my contractor says its $10K to remove and rebuild property."
"OK, here's $10K"...maybe we can swindle the next old lady.

I just didn't install one when I redid the plumbing...then never got around to it.

Not much need for one...no garden, don't water grass,

Due to the government shutdown, my employee has been out of work 2, maybe 3 days, because he can't get into the doctor or get his Rx somehow. A middle of the night ER visit got his some stop-gap Rx med for a chronic GI condition.

I'm glad the hissy-fit is taking money out of our (his and mine) pockets for lack of healthcare availability for someone trying to work to support his wife and kids, and the ripple effects on a small biz owner.

Stephen, a late comment but that's the first time I've seen you post work pics that involved a fence with vertical boards and 2 houses within a quarter mile of eachother. ��

Stephen, a late comment but that's the first time I've seen you post work pics that involved a fence with vertical boards and 2 houses within a quarter mile of eachother. ��

:lol:
Yeah, occasionally we'll drive down the hill to do a job in the city on property that a client owns while living in the hills. Usually, like this one, they are rentals.
Sometimes we get referred and do one. No bucket access in that neighborhood. You can about reach over the fence from the side garage door and shake your neighbors hand....

Ten below freezing today. Job today was out in the country for the property owner who before Christmas gave us the list of properties to do all the trimming on. Dropped a Bradford pear (always recommended), two black walnuts, and a sycamore. Job was leave all wood cut to firewood length, chip all the ice-encrusted brush. Parked on the country road with the chipper off in the ditch so its bed was level with a berm around the property. Ran the winch line out -- nice to have a full 200' again to start the year, used every foot of it! Skidded out bundles of brush to the chipper. Worst part of it all was after reeling in the rope, it had dragged through the snow, gotten wet, then it froze to the spool inside. Had to keep breaking it free for each pull. After the hackberry stumps yesterday and the ones today, I should change my name to Stumpcut (ha ha). Done early.

Well, I don't use a clock that much. My kitten was making a racket. I went to bed early last night. I thought I did a good job of sleeping-in, looking at the color of the sky. Got up, turned off the furnace fan that I use to circulate the wood-stove heated air, started coffee, relit the stove, opened the computer, and it was like 443am.

Better early to bed, early up, than getting on the other cycle of late to bed, late to rise, or tired in the morning. Tired is a stupid way to start the day.

Filed our first workers comp claim on an employee.

Knicked himself in the knuckle with the handsaw for 3 stitches.

My old bosses woulda taped me up and said go faster...
But you just cant do that to the JR's today...

Glad it was a knick and not a chop or gash... business goes on.

Filed our first workers comp claim on an employee.

Knicked himself in the knuckle with the handsaw for 3 stitches.

My old bosses woulda taped me up and said go faster...
But you just cant do that to the JR's today...

Glad it was a knick and not a chop or gash... business goes on.

We are lucky to have a cash only Dr.s office near by $15 per stitch is what they charge and $75 for a tetnus(sp) shot.

I am glad it was not worse.

Errand of Mercy

I grabbed the short straw. I get to drive the new driveshaft from Kansas City past St. Louis into Illinois 5-6 hours each way, if the roads are good. Should mean I'll be back at 3 or 4 in the morning!

32c today...severe fire danger...very windy...total fire ban.
Big fire due west of us, wind NNW to W
Be sitting at the station today with the trucks out on the hard stand.

Elm and fruit tree pruning, at home. The cobbler's children Do have shoes.

Had a good sized job/ good priced job come in, around the corner so to speak. Literally, 4 miles down the road, and out to the water. Should be scenic and interesting.

My employee has been sick all week. An old employee from years back, pre-Ogre, is looking for some short term work at an opportune time for both of us!
Another Part Timer is new to trees, but safe and hard-working...a solid helper, given clear instructions and helpful tips.

Back