How'd it go today?

:thumbup:

Never considered spreading chips with it. Seems I'm often spreading chip mulch.

If I don't have the rake and need to spread chips I'll grab a 8-10" ish X 6'ish log and use that, I've even done that with coarse clean up off of pavement works pretty well.

LOL Storm Breaker!

I hate pushing my engines, both the chainsaws and the car and van.
But it seems that I have to change my mind about that. I already know that the chainsaws don't like to work at a slower pace than WOT, either because of clutch wear issue or (and) not having enough oil pressure to wash out the crap plugging the oil hole in the bar (specially ms200T and ms150T). Now, the truck ...:(

About that, the inspection guy told me that I have to clean up my van's engine if I want to pass the next pollution control.
How am I supposed to do that efficiently without taking apart the engine?

Do you have self service car wash places in France? Drive in and use the pressure wand to wash your engine compartment. Try to avoid electrical fuse panels, etc.

It's a diesel. But the engine compartment doesn't matter. It's internal and the issue shows up in the exhaust fumes.

On my older diesels I use automatic transmission fluid to clean the fuel system. I add a half quart of ATF to the fuel tank when filling up and it cleans the fuel injectors and whatever else. I had 18,000 hours on my old bucket truck and it still ran great. I would use the ATF whenever the fuel injectors began tapping and it would quiet them down within a day or two.

On a side note I helped move an historic house in Orlando today. Even made the local news. It was a circus out there with hundreds of people watching, news crews, and at least a dozen power company trucks to handle dropping the power lines along the route. Took 5 hours to move the house 4 blocks.

Not your first rodeo with moving a house, if my ever less reliable memory serves, Brian ;). Did you ride the roof, as before?

No, I'm long past those games. And your memory is correct, I've been working with Pat moving houses for close to 20 years.

Why did it fail...or why is it going to fail exactly?
I think it's the fumes opacity. He said that he made the test several times (revving up my engine). He got the values widely spread and barely got the average under the official level.
That's about all I can say.

Marc Antoine some tips that got my older trucks through.

Full service all filters and oil.
Blank off half the radiator so it’s red hot by the time the do the pollution test, leaving it ticking over outside the test centre.
Get a spanner and turn down the throttle linkage so that it’s only revving at 3/4 even though the throttle is (seemingly) flat out.

Got me 4 extra years on my old chip truck like that.

Back