How'd it go today?

Worst part was the dude who jumped out was nothing like big Dan. He was short and a little stocky but more pudgy looking. One on one, no weapons, no drug high involved my money would be squarely on myself. I'm not very tall 5'9-10ish. So when someone appears short to me. They are short. And when I say a little stocky I mean a little, I on the other hand am squarely in the stocky department and am certain i could've twisted that young fella up like a pretzel. But again the odds seemed stacked against me in this scenario. My only move seemed to be to stay firmly planted and let him make the first move. I mean if he was really somsure of himself and needing to beat my ass he could've easily advanced on my truck. He never once made that move. I kept my window down the whole time to hear/see what was going on. It seemed to infuriate him that I was 'watching' him. But like I was going to turn my attention elsewhere?

I did leave a message with the police this morning. There's a file open about it. Guy is off today who's investigating/dealt with it and should call me back tomorrow. It's a small area around here. I just want all the info/file number for my own records in case anything comes up again with these goofballs. My truck is easily recognizable being old, setup for a plow, light on top, aluminum racks/rails on the box, etc. I am already on the paranoid side, tigers eye everywhere I go. Now I'm on high alert. Lol. Upping security and awareness.

I guess it was my 'tigers eye' that started this mess. Guy took exception to me looking at him in my mirror as he pulled up behind me in a drive thru at 12:30am with rap tunes bumping. Moron.

How would you figure that? There was two guys in the car. Could've been a couple and thought I was checking out his man.

That goofy guy was jacked to the moon on drugs. Of what flavour I could only hazard a guess but the type that makes you feel invincible and hyped. That's for sure.

Orrr you mean if he was gay he wouldn't have wanted to fight me he'd have wanted to ask me out.......because I'm so damn handsome.

Well tweakers usually ain't found ordering food, so we are narrowing this down.

That did throw me too. But the guy seemed to hyped, to triggered over nothing for it not to be some form of chemicals involved? I have pondered though what kind of drugs would make someone act like that and still be hitting up the mcD's late night? But I also have no idea what they ordered? To paint the picture a little more clearly I wasn't peering or staring at these guys. Until the one dude jumped out I was admiring their stereo. Loud as f-ck. I loved loud stereos when I was young. Killer bass hit they had too. But my back window is tinted in my pickup and I merely glanced/looked in my mirror. I don't even really know how they could've/would've noticed if I was looking back forward, whatever.

In thinking back over it it seems they came looking for some trouble, trying to draw attention and then making beef over it.

I could really gaf to be honest, it's just sort of entertaining at this point. We are in Canada so can't pack heat. I always pack a knife but have fell out of the habit of taking it with me when going to work as I can't wear it while working and I usually carry it on my belt in plain view. I am going to move a utility knife (sog tactical fixed blade) that I have into my truck. In case I need to cut up a apple or something. ;). Big metal flashlight was better than nothing tonhave on hand but not a whole lot better really.

Probably, that's what I was guessing. I really have no clue on what all sorts of modern drugs are out there and how that might affect appetite/cravings though. They followed me for a bit on the main drag afterwards and didn't huck anything at my truck. Double lanes and pulled up beside me cursing and fingering and carrying on. At that point I just shrugged. Like really? I just pulled a 12hr shift and want to go home boys. Again it would've been nice to just push their tin can off the road with my truck but in the end I'm confident I made the right choice in just carrying on and staying out of trouble.

I used to like fighting back in my cocaine days, especially while drinking. Didn't always end well for me either lol. Stupid shit.

Well, you did say BC kicks @$$!

One time in my teens I was doing the cruising route through town (one of the few times I did) and someone started yelling at me, then following me in his car, still yelling & shaking a fist. I took off toward the other side of town, but going the speed limit and under control. He followed, basically a low-speed chase. I pulled into the Mexican place I worked part time and went in, ducked & hid in the kitchen. He came storming in (never seen him before) asking where I went. The assistant manager covered for me, saying I went out the other door on the other side and if there was any trouble, she'd call the police. Some people are just ticked off and looking for a fight I guess.

Just about everyone i work with has a carry, some multiple guns. I need to start. You did the right thing man, but I'm afraid that would have ended dramatically different with some of these boys. Most are ex military, and have done that shit for real before.

You definetly did the right thing, for all those reasons mentioned.

Sure it would be nice to smash the idiot, but you totally did the right thing. Btw, the whole thing must be on camera via the drive through, no?

A quick anecdote about being prepared- that big tree last week I posted pics of, I was working for a land clearing guy who Id never met and he's based sorta far away, the tree was at his now-deceased parent's house. Being an old school sorta guy, he insisted on meeting me there during the job to pay me so that I wouldn't have to wait to be paid.. When he pulled up in this kinda dirty and junk-filled Dodge pickup, he didn't look like I pictured him based on his phone voice. He looked straight up like grizzly Adams. Very laid back and mellow. Very knowledgable about all things treework-related, said he started back in the day with Bartlett Tree doing loads of DED removals with of course only primitive equipment. Travels with his little black dog in his lap full time. The dog did bite me btw before we were done lol. Anyway I hopped in his truck, careful to not get bitten again, so he could drive me way down back and show me where to dump the chips. I see in his console a box of .17 cal shells so I say hey do you like those? He says yeah they're pretty good, they're tipped and will go thru most any body armor. I say so they are illegal, eh. He points to a dusty baseball cap on the junk-filled dash which says 'State Police, Retired'. Says he was a Statey for 10 years. Then he opens the console/armrest between the two front seats and laying there on top of the junk in that little console storage space was a big black Glock, only not a Glock, some brand I didn't recognize. He removed the clip that was full of those armor piercing .17s so I could check out the piece. It was a formidable weapon and something about where he stored it just struck me that it was absolutely as ready for action as it could possibly be. It was sorta scary imagining what would happen to someone who would try to frig with this guy. I asked him if he ever shot anyone while on the force, he said Oh yeah, I was in the riots in Hartford and New Haven in the 60s. :drink:

Cool story Cory. Bit by his dog damn!

Yah I imagine it's all on camera there. I'm not looking to make a bunch of work for the cops. Really just hoping a wake up call on conduct is delivered and that the incident has a file.

Pretty psyched about this first aid coming up. It's in a month. Been a long while since I did two weeks in a classroom. It'll be interesting to see how the old brain does.

Lmao. I guess I just have that look. I don't know why anyone would take exception?

IMG_0213.JPG

No more looking in your rear view!!

Attachments

• IMG_0213 (2).jpg
    IMG_0213 (2).jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:
A welder i worked with told me a story of getting pulled over. Cop walks up and he of course says he's packing. So the cop gets him out, and starts pulling guns out of the welding rig, including the one that's on the bottom of the steering wheel. After pulling several handguns and probably an ar out, the cop asks him what he's so scared of.

"Not a goddamn thing sir" :lol:

Good on you for keeping your cool Justin.
You never know when a young punk is on PCP/Angel Dust, and that somehow seems to give them amazing strength or a total lack of feeling pain so they can bring a terrible hurting to others. Had one we treated at the ER on a busy Friday night. The cops who brought him in said it was a domestic incident call and it took four officers and multiple tazer hits to subdue him, but only after he'd broken one officers arm and thrown another head first through the drywall. Making it home alive and unhurt is a good goal these days.

In jujitsu, there was a cool move where you would spin your attacker around and push them away from you while YOU ran away in the opposite direction. By the time they could recover you would be gone.

Engage your opponet as little as posible. Eyes, throat, crotch... all else was just playing around.

I still have a old school mentality and if someone wanted a few rounds of good ole dry pavement wrastling and fisticuffs over a legitimate beef I'd be good to go. 12:30 in the morning with what seems to be drug induced rage over nothing wearing brass knuckles with a backup in their car. I'm thinking I'll pass on that. I'm to old to fight over nothing. Got to save it for something worthwhile. Lol.

Back