How'd it go today?

Got back from our too short trip to Schweiz.

The birthday party we went down for was held in a cabin up in the mountain.
Hell of a place for a party.
P1060455.JPG P1060458.JPG P1060460.JPG

Later we spent a night in a nice little mountain inn, took the cable car up and hiked around for a day.
Also had a well deserved beer afterwards, of course.

P1060421.JPG P1060428.JPG P1060462.JPG P1060436.JPG

Finally drove up to Furka pass, stayed in my favorite hotel and took the Audi for a fast ride through the Grimsel, Susten and Furka passes.

Hell of a nice driving car.

Attachments

• P1060468.JPG
    P1060468.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 45
  • P1060465.JPG
    P1060465.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 46
  • P1060467.JPG
    P1060467.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 45
  • P1060472.JPG
    P1060472.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 48
  • P1060473.JPG
    P1060473.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 44
Ohh wow! Stunning scenery. Wouldn't want to trip while walking around that house, you'd be rolling down hill for a long time.

Good oh John, next experience, should be a good one by the sound of it.

Ahh that feeling of justification, when you've decided to not schedule any work because there is rain in the forecast...and you wake up to the sound of rain...put the coffee on!

I'm so sick of rain here. So wet this fall it's depressing. But atleast I don't work in it anymore. Went for a massage(free under my benefits), haircut, and picked up some bar ends for the motorcycle that I had ordered. Yawn. Pretty slow day. Gonna light a fire soon. It's that time of the year again.

That's awesome No-Bivy, I have tremendous respect for nurses. Definitely takes a certain mindset and a lot of brains.

Beautiful pics, Stig! Sounds like a good time.

I'm on the 7pm -7am shift, so today I slept. Now back to work, making plastic for rich people lol.

Awesome pics Stig! I'd love to visit there.

Easy day today. Large dead oak tree that I had bid for a full day; we were done and raked up in two hours. I must have been tired when I bid on that one.

Went to town and bought posts and some fence panels.

Still rained out from harvest. Its a fugging Comedic Tragedy around here.

Still getting some work done though.

Got the bill from Caterpillar today for the injectors.

The injectors that were ruined when the Genuine Cat fuel filter failed.

6000 bucks.

I shouldn't be having a beer...

Awesome pics Stig! I'd love to visit there.

Easy day today. Large dead oak tree that I had bid for a full day; we were done and raked up in two hours. I must have been tired when I bid on that one.

I tend to underbid when I'm tired. I had a similarly productive day. 3 pine tree removals bid for a full day and we were back home in 3 hours.

Congrats John!

Great pics, Stig. I travelled through CH when I was a teen. Zimmers were the best!

Ouch Jim. :(

Another project nearing completion. Sucks I need stopgap solutions, but it will solve some chip handling for me.

20181002_144744.jpg

Gotta love it

Stig, AWESOME pics.

Justin, you get massages as benefits there? Hell are they hiring rig welders? :lol: I'll have to tell the wife we're moving to Canada, and I'm in!!

Jim, that's terrible news there man, you should be drinking whiskey after that shit.

Yup. 100% coverage up to $500. No limit with a doctors note saying I need them. I don't know about rig welders but mechanics and milwrights start out at a pretty hefty wage. As do us labourers.

Lovely pictures, Stig. You are right, the Jag would love those turns. Although one must admit that a GT car is not the first choice there, perhaps. None the less, it'll eat up miles at a furious pace, while carrying a months worth of luggage for a pair of travelers.

6grand sounds about right for any CAT repair. Bend over. Sorry man that's a big hit on the pocket book.

Pete sometimes a stop gap ends up being the end of the gap.

Worked in town for a rental property owner -- 2 short morning jobs: 1) taking a broken limb off a roof and tipping back 2 other neighboring trees. 2) Roofline clearance of a black walnut; just a few limbs. Then we had to go back to the shop because the chipper brakes were seized up and we were just dragging it around. While one crew member jacked it up to investigate, I went to dump the truck out 5 miles and fueled up. Then back to the shop for some light maintenance while the brakes were being finished. Greased the stump grinder, changed a tire on the stump grinder trailer, topped off fluids in the chipper. Ready to roll out to the main show!

We had a job about 20 minutes away in a small lake town nearby. That's where our saw shop is located, so we had opportunity to straighten out some longstanding issues regarding an 020 and a 201T we had purchased from them. The 020 was ready for pickup -- new bearings, new pistons, new carb, ready to climb! The 201T we had purchased was dropping its muffler inside and burning/melting the bottom housing. We dropped it back off for the 3rd time for them to fix. Off to the job down the street!

We climbed a large pin oak (neighbor's) and pruned lower dead wood and limbs over the driveway, roofline, and power line on the customer's side. Then took command of the street with the chip truck and grapple truck to take out a medium silver maple. Limited targets, so we were able to drop off large leaders and limbs and chip those, saving main limbs for firewood. I dropped the spar (36" DBH) with wedges, no pull line. Cut it in 1/2 for loading on the log truck. After the way was clear enough of logs, I ground the stump (almost 2 hours) -- doozy + root star. Full load of firewood, only 1/2 a load of chips since it was just brush chipping.

That's awesome No-Bivy, I have tremendous respect for nurses. Definitely takes a certain mindset and a lot of brains.

Beautiful pics, Stig! Sounds like a good time.

I'm on the 7pm -7am shift, so today I slept. Now back to work, making plastic for rich people lol.

your the perfect person to ask then......This will be my first every night shift. Planning on trying to do three 12 hour nights back to back. My question is how do you flip your schedule on the front end to go from days to nights?

Back