How'd it go today?

Can you just refer to him as buttercup, until he toughens up. I say "Toughen up, Buttercup" to Dahlia, and she seems to be able to take it, not crying, yet.

:lol: IDK...a 20 year old slacker might get all bowed up at that.

That would be the least of my concerns. He ain't about to step to me that's for sure. I figure it's dealt with and I won't say anything more, and certainly not to anyone or in front of anyone at work. But if he dogs it next time I'm not going to turn a blind eye.

Some guy at the mill is doing half the work and getting equal pay??????

He must be stoopid!

Anyway, I have the AC going on our crash rescue/rural pumper.

Turned out to be a faulty low side switch.

Diganosed the no cool problem on the water tender as well. Just a low charge.

Probably just top it off and see. Took it ten years to make it to 50 pounds at an ambient of 80 in the building. Pretty small leak where ever it is.

Good deed for the week. Save the bloodsucking county several Benjamins.

Ran my old bucket truck today, first time in 2 weeks. Man is it sloppy! Then had a throttle issue where I couldn't get it up off an idle which won't work because you need the throttle advance to get enough hydraulic pressure to run the boom controls at normal speed. Wiggled switches and levers and got it working again until the very end of the job. Got it home and tried again, still not working.

Well, my new truck is getting delivered Monday afternoon so I'm over it. I called a buddy who is sorta interested in buying my old truck and offered a killer price "as is and before the end of the month" and he took it! I hate selling shit and always sell it too cheap. The idea of holding out for months waiting for some dipshit to come along and pay a big price for an old worn out truck doesn't appeal to me at all. My buyer fully understands that it's not a new truck and has a lot of miles on it. I'd rather help him with advice on fixing it than try to fix it myself.

Justin, I hear you about givin' 'er at work. If you can carry a little more or move a little faster then the other guy why wouldn't you? Laziness bothers me. I worked with a lazy guy last week and it's like having an anchor chained to you. If you say, "Are we in a rush or something?" you need to get off my crew.

Some guy at the mill is doing half the work and getting equal pay??????

He must be stoopid!.

Well if he's not stoopid as you put it at the least he's a complete water ass.

Anyways. I've moved on from it. Was annoying at the time but I'm to busy enjoying life and kicking asses.

Justin, I hear you about givin' 'er at work. If you can carry a little more or move a little faster then the other guy why wouldn't you? Laziness bothers me. I worked with a lazy guy last week and it's like having an anchor chained to you. If you say, "Are we in a rush or something?" you need to get off my crew.

That's what I'm talking about. You live one life and to be lazy and slow just isn't in me.

I remember one time I was running a hose lay on a mop up show.

I was running low on water so I sent a guy to bring some back.

Never in my life had I ever seen someone move so slowly. He did not share the same sense of urgency.

I was stressed because you do NOT want to be the guy who runs out of water for a hose lay with lots of guys depending on you!

In the end he got back just in the nick of time and everything was okay.

I was stressed as hell and he was happy as a clam.....

Justin, i feel your pain completely. We were working super late, and i asked a group of guys who were standing around if they could do some hand digging on a hole, probably 2 minutes worth. I was busy, so i just came up, ordered them to do something, and then went back to work on the multiple tasks i was attempting to juggle. Afterwards, he came up and said he dug it, but he wanted me to know that he was an operator not a laborer, and i shouldn't just tell him to go hand dig. I didn't know him at all, so i asked how long he was in the operators he said he was just a permit hand lol. So i told him that even i, a welder, digs out here because it's composite crew. Later he was on a rubber tire trying to scoop up piles in the street while another operator pushes the pile in the bucket with a mini, and he couldn't even do that. Our operator was in the mini, and he came out screaming at the kid for not even being able to do that simple shit, and i just had to stand and laugh at him lol. I have absolutely zero tolerance for pussys that won't work, it's worse than a dog that won't hunt. Same kid earlier was standing at the top of the hole, where i was welding after digging it out myself, talking about how he absolutely will not perform certain tasks because it's too much responsibility. I stood up, offered him my hood and stinger, and said he could have some of this actual responsibility, and if not, go bullshit over there so they could hear me to run my remote. I think the third time it's time to actually break my foot off in his ass...

I was a lazy young man, bit of a lazy older man truth be told.

It actually takes more effort to avoid work sometimes than to just get on and do it.

That's where quoting the post comes in handy!

Not you Butch....

VWyRECL.gif

I cant even deal with lazy people.

I have to walk away or fire them.

I see RED at work... like Terminator vision.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back