How'd it go today?

King .Com

Stump grinding went smooth today after some brief maintenance on the grinder -- oil change, tightening the belts, greasing it up. 3 jobs wrapped up, done in 2 hours.

Then on to some more technical work. We're going after the .com version of our domain that some squatters have had for eons. We've had to subsist with a .net and a .co version of our name (or previously some ridiculously long permutation of a .com). Previously they had wanted four figures for the .com domain, which was a flat no-sale. Now that it's only 3 figures, it's in the realm of reasonable, so we're going for it. King .Com wins out -- just in time for another round of yard signs and business cards!
Namecheap-KingCOM.jpg

Got back from logging camp.
Had a totally stressfull weekend and now I'm off to camp again.

Some people really know how to live.

Did a small Bradford pear solo cleanup today (fallen storm damaged leader) in under an hour. Neighbor wants a bid on taking out a Siberian elm trunk and the deck it is growing through. Then off to the cottonwood stump in Tonganoxie, which I was figuring 2-3 hours on. Hit a rock at about the 1.5 hour mark, destroyed 2 teeth and sheared a pocket bolt on the grinding wheel. Also wrecked the drive bearing which has been limping along with a makeshift repair. Time for some new Link-Belt goodness! So to heck with it, took my boy fishing at Leavenworth State Fishing Lake for the rest of the day, since it was just 2 miles away. Ahhh!

County fair.

The biggest stuffed dolphin around found its way into the car.

The fair people don't have a dental plan, evidently. No rides came apart.

On Saturday, we went to my daughter's graduation ceremony. She received her Masters Degree in Education.

On Sunday, we spent four hours kayaking on the Weeki Wachee River. Saw lots of fish, birds, an alligator, and a Banded Water snake. No manatees.

After years of sitting on my duff,working cross word puzzles and waiting for my beeper to go off for a machine needing repairs at work ,I'm a little out of shape .Yesterdays bending over running a chainsaw and splitting almost a cord of dead ash has left me a little stiff .I have to admit I'm not quite as fit as when I wore a younger mans clothing and my whiskers were black as coal as opposed to the same color as new fallen snow .Not to mention all that inactivity has caused my ass to fall off ,I don't have enough left to hold up my britches .

My belly sun burn ( torso too) became worse today, a nice red. It wasn't more exposure, but only delayed damages.
Wearing the saddle was a bit less fun than usually and every little twig was like a 1" thorn. Don't touch me !:bonedemon:

Lordy how good is a stop at the ice cream store. Cant miss!

All American choice.

I go with a large choco soft serve cone

I prefer my choco soft served dipped in chocolate.

Had a good day. Not really to bad except for the humidity. My 660 Oiler worm gear came in so I’m happy. Should’ve had it last week but what ever. It was a good day

I'm thirsty now.

Saw part day is the best.

Another project done, trailer hitch platform. Paint, reflectors, all buttoned up.

Then I realized I didn't make ramps.

20180807_113733.jpg

Haha! Before I painted it I had a sinking feeling I wouldn't be able to back out of the elevated driveway without it digging into the road. I had the GF back it out, my little girl started to freak the eff out that Mommy was driving a truck for the first time ever. She kicked up a lot of gravel off the driveway, no collisions, and the platform cleared, going out and in. :)

Back