How'd it go today?

For strictly administrative tasks, how much time do you think the admin has to put in with new member activations, software bugs/ upgrades/ storage issues (maybe)/ etc, and other behind the scenes stuff?

Thanks for asking for clarification. Kid in bath, dinner on stove, music jamming, putting up groceries, gotta get out the door for after-dinner blueberry-picking at the local spot, plus a bit of surfing.

Where was that discussion about DMc's hitchhiker tending system? I put my pulley on today. I was reminded that the correct bridge ring is integral to the system. Too thick of a ring and its too much friction/ binding on descent.

I ordered the hitchhiker tender, too. For S&G.

Had an easy day tied up some small jobs that were on the books for a while, fillers. Then we went to the bar for a beer had a good time and when I get home I hear the sound of a poorly running chainsaw. I look to the neighbors and see the owner and his son (11-12 maybe) cutting down an ash that I gave them a bid on. I go inside and eat come outside change the mower blades and I glance back to see him up a ladder with a bowsaw in hand. He comes down and starts pulling with a four wheeler and then I see the butt end pop off and the top hits his enclosed trailer under the tree.

That's a tough one.

The animal was not really a pet.....but it was special to her.

I dont know.

You cant give it away and it is expensive to process......if we needed all that hamburger I guess we would have butchered it.

Not ideal by any stretch....but doable.

So who will eat it, besides worms? Coyotes and vultures?

Love how you're just watching it all unfold...I'd be stressin'
I was in a village up north looking at a huge blackwood that has issues...just around the corner I spotted two big ladders up some trees, some blokes on the ground in hi viz, thought I spotted a rope...
Went back for a squizz about an hr later...no ladders, no blokes, one tall leader remaining, leaning, stubs....no where to really prop a ladder to get the last bit down...:/:

Anyone ever ask someone to grab a hammer and they just start hammering stuff without knowing why?

Anyone ever ask someone to grab a rope that's hung in the tree, and they start randomly pulling without knowing why?

Sometimes, it's a pull rope in a top with no face cut, yet.

P1350149.jpg
Funniest thing -- we rolled up to a job yesterday and one of our main competitors (we're friendly -- they've sent jobs our way that they didn't want) was working right next door. They were just sitting down to lunch as we set up, so they got the full show of us trimming 2 elms. It was more of an elective trimming, over the road and over the neighbors driveway, several major limbs. Climbed, chipped, raked, blown -- gone in just over 20 mins. I don't think they had finished their sandwiches by the time we rolled away!

Back