How'd it go today?

Not sure if I mentioned it, I bought a heavy disc. Well used of course.

The depth cylinders were screwed up so I had to order a new one.

The clevices on the cylinder were 1.5 inch instead of 1 inch. I guess that's an update.

I had to make sort of a retro fit pin to use this new cylinder. I am sure the parts would have been 4 days out.

20180525_114724.jpg

1.5 inch stress proof.

I know who to call for all my custom metal fabrication!!!

Handsome avatar!!!

Attachments

• Jimbo 6.jpg
    Jimbo 6.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 31
Impressive work Jim. If we all lived near one another, and if you had a property loaded with trees, you would have us all competing to do tree work trades for machining and occasional weld up repairs. :)

Impressive work Jim. If we all lived near one another, and if you had a property loaded with trees, you would have us all competing to do tree work trades for machining and occasional weld up repairs. :)

100%!!!!! We need big Jim out here.

So there was a tornado about 10 days ago in CT, I heard from a reliable source some tree co's are making $10k/day including a 1500$ crane charge. Still lots of trees on houses right now. He offered me a 10 k job in danbury 1 hour away, I was like nah, too far. Cos coming in from far away for it. Brendon V has done some. Cos paying for a crane for a week straight to follow them around. Cha chingly ching ching.

I was taking to Brendon about the tornado. Huge mess down there. We had one here Memorial day '95. Unbelievable carnage.

Based on the quantity of crane usage it seems as bad or worse than hurricane sandy.

Wow. Sounds a mess out there!

Kids and I were down in town all morning for a memorial day ceremony at the cemetery. Lilly with 4H put little hand made flowers on the Vets graves. Levi and his BSA troop placed wreaths at the alter of poppies. VFW, and others were all there. A little parade over. Solemn but nice morning.

That's not the first time I've read someone say they don't want to travel an hour out for work, I do it regularly in Tasmania...what's to stop you going that far?
An hours drive for me is anything from 60-75km...

Nice tribute for the vets from your kids Stephen, nice.

I've been tightening my service area for the past few years. Most jobs these days are 10 to 20 minutes from the shop. I'll go up to an hour away for some of our long-time reliable clients but not for a new customer.

Well we went camping. I spent a lot of time and money rewaterproofing the tents. That worked once. Not this weekend. Wife and the baby are in one camper, middle daughter is in another, while the oldest and I are in the pick up truck. This weekend is not hurting my cause for wanting a camper. Still having a good time though

Man, if I was a camper I'd have a damn nice little RV, whatever I could afford and always have that to fall back on in emergencies.

Just like Ozzie did when he was camping out with his son, Jack.

Only 10 to 20 mins travel! Not enough people in my immediate area to sustain that short travel time.
Tasmania is the size of Ireland, with 500,000 people ...and 6 hundred thousand gazillion trees.

Back