How'd it go today?

Good to read you Sam! Close the ejection port cover!!

Cleared a bunch of low branches and took down 2 tiny trees. Repeat custy, wants less in the way for mowing the lawn, 2 acres. Chipper got a good workout, changed the 3 drivebelts yesterday, after finding one laying on the trailer.

I started back working at the golf course Monday getting set up for the season...we open this weekend.

Plenty of variety in tasks in preparation, before the routine sets in...water lines, clean-up, spring inspection of machines, etc.

Cutting up a few fallen trees today and moving them off the course.

Good to hear, Fid!

I'm having a hell of a time finding a reasonable 42inch bar for my 088. Stihl dealers have a 41 inch, $260 CAD plus shipping, I've asked for recommendations on a Canadian arborist facebook page, nothing, asking around anyone else I might know, they know someone who got a bar easy peasy, no idea where, no idea price. I even know a guy who works at the plant in Guelph that makes bars, nothing. Any supplier who knows what I'm after wants over $500 CAD for a bar. I called one shop, they went up and down how I've been calling the wrong places and they know what they are doing, yeah, they got the wrong mount.... Buying new from the US is going to set me back over $800 CAD.

Anyway, end rant. Thanks. ;)

Drove two hours to a hung up oak today, good money, knocked it out by 1pm.

Afternoon on the sofa, walked the dog, peanut butter sandwiches, get the washing in, living the dream.

100%. Tell me how it honestly is really going to get better than that.

Productivity, achievement, rest, recreation, soaking up an animal's vibe, house keeping to stay comfortable. :drink:

Just got to get the place ready for the wife’s return, she does a bit of shopping on the way home from work so there’ll be crisps (chips) to snack on when I have a glass of wine.

This helps me to show/feign interest whilst she tells me about her day, co-workers etc...

Little pleasures

Well, I don't know about the peanut butter sandwiches.

Here he is, living in the country that put Haute cuisine on the meny...............eating peanut butter sandwiches.

I eat peanut butter sammichs every day. They are usually my nighttime snack.

I like to chow down right out of the jar!!!

jif-extra-1.jpg

There is NO better PB!!!

Rained out today. Not cats & dogs, just a slow soaking rain. A bit too dicey for climbing, and wouldn't want to tear up a yard getting access to another big silver maple we have slated for removal (it's becoming a specialty!). So I tried to go stump grinding this morning -- not a chance. Slipped & slogged in the mud on the slightest incline, barely got the stump grinder loaded back up, almost just left it. Will give it another go on Friday when we usually schedule grinding anyway. So now I'm doing web site maintenance while others are doing saw maintenance. Which is actually encouraging when you have fully functional equipment heading out to the job tomorrow!

As for peanut butter, I do far prefer almond butter, but we do get "power packed peanut butter balls" on the crew for snacks. Rolled with crisp rice, carob chips, coconut, and raisins, they're an easy protein hit for either mid-morning or mid-afternoon.

You know, the two of us might as well be living in different universes, seeing how badly we communicate.

Elvis friggin' gobbled Demerol, that is one of the 14 drugs that killed him, so I figured it was his favourite thing to eat.

Get it now?

How was I to know Elvis liked those.
You said:" don't forget Elvis's favourite" and my mind just took a side trip.

I don't have a linear mind.

So, what was his favourite, apart from Demerol?

Back