How'd it go today?

Alturna mats rock. Not only do they protect lawns but they give access to the otherwise inaccessible, like 2 different steep slopes yesterday. Mellow, if you aren't building the occasional temp road how are you getting your chipper to those trees with tough access that your nifty lift is getting to?

Alturna mats DO rock. Try to spring for the white ones if you live in a hot climate, keep from killing the grass.

In sunshine, absolutely. I'm in CT usa, sunny day, you can cook it in 10 minutes. They illustrate the amazing ability of black color to absorb heat

Alturna mats rock. Not only do they protect lawns but they give access to the otherwise inaccessible, like 2 different steep slopes yesterday. Mellow, if you aren't building the occasional temp road how are you getting your chipper to those trees with tough access that your nifty lift is getting to?

Avant 420 with BMG grapple. :D

I've scorched my lawn a bit in just a few minutes with a piece of black plastic tarp. Sunny day, of course. Learned a valuable lesson.

Did not know that.

Should be ok here, real heat will mean I won’t need them with my 2 tonne machine.

What I was trying to say is it doesn't need to be hot, just direct sunlight onto the black surface.

Six trees pruned today; at 62 years old, with arthritis setting in that is about my limit now... it's hard to admit to slowing down.
Tomorrow I'll jump out the top and drop this approx 90 foot black oak with a bad base for another tree company that only has two younger, inexperienced climbers. Closer building is 40 feet to the left of the tree. No way to get a crane close. Exploratory shows decent wood for about six inches all around except at the opening. Plan to just salami cut and let them free-fall to minimize any stress on the tree. Nice white oak, cherry and beech under the tree, will try to avoid them, but collateral damage is expected.

tomorrow01.png

tomorrow02.png

Then Saturday it's back an hour south to finish cleaning up a lot of pines that got destroyed with the ice and wet snow of the last nor'easter.

I'm fixing to throw down on this soon.

I've wanted a short scale ever since you first made me really notice them. I always thought I wanted a long ass neck but after buying two of them I'm starting to dislike all that length. I just wish it was a 5 string - that B wouldn't be so floppy.

Back