How'd it go today?

Got a lead on a neighborhood Root Rot pocket perfect for the mini, 20"- trunks.
Did a late bid. Customers need to coordinate with the neighbors for the big picture.

I pulled (little bit of throw line show for them) and wedged over one easy dead, shroomy doug-fir, as they were most worried about that one. Finished that, and sushi time, now.

Gary, on a bucket handle tear, they remove " The whole thing" , the whole thing being the tear.
Unlike a "normal" tear or crack in a meniscus, a buckethandle is a semicurcular tear, resulting from a compression.
The flap of meniscus inside the semicircle ( Which looks like the handle of a bucket, hence the name) will sometimes roll over and double up upon itself, causing pain and in extreme cases, make the knee lock up.

They remove the flap and cut or grind the edges of the tear to round them off.

I've had two of those removed from my left knee.
The last one would lock up if I turned to the left and didn't think of tensing the musculatute, typically when walking down a set of stairs and doing a left turn.
I could unlock it again, but it was really bothersome.

Great info...must be spot on. At the time of the injury my knee did lock up...swole up...bad juju. Sounds like I still do have cartilage there which explains why it has done so well...hoorah!

Thanks.

I always do a very thorough read up on any medical procedure; I'm about to undergo.

When I had the preliminary exam for my first ( Have had 4) knee operation, I asked a lot of questions.
Must have been good questions, because the doc suddenly asked me if I worked in the medical profession.
I told him I was a logger, but one who wasn't about to let somebody mess around inside my bodye with a knife unless I knew exactly what they were doing.

He really approved of that mentality.
Told me that the worst thing for a surgeon is to be operated on by another surgeon.
They are so used to be in charge.

The Mail order bride left for Schweiz yesterday to spend a week with her kids.
So I'm running the homestead alone with 1 hand.

I have a buddy who comes over after work every day and helps me out with those thing I can't do in the stable.
Cleaning the horses hooves is impossible without the use of both hands.
So is taking the manure out, since I can't use a wheel barrow.

Ever tried to use a wheel barrow one-handed:lol:

For the wheelbarrow you can hang a rope sling around your neck and hook it to one handle, then use your good hand on the other handle.

Good trick, Brian, but I can't get it up on top of the manure pile.

My riding buddy is happy to help out, so no big deal.

Two-wheeled wheelbarrows are sweet. You can use them with one hand, though not to the top of a manure pile.

I wouldn't attach myself to a wheelbarrow. I knew a co-worker who was in-between the handles with a sopping wet load of palm quarters from an invasive palm removal project in Death Valley National Park. It tipped sideways on her. She 'rode the load down' rather than ditch it, putting her knee cap right onto a rock. Bruised, not broken.

I went thru a month of locking up and unlocking before the 3rd doc I went thru finally listened. As Gary said, I only had three little holes for incisions which probably reduced recovery time.

On a side note, my slow heart rate kept setting the alarm off at the hospital and now I'm on thyroid pills for the rest of my life.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Days off can be dangerous for the wallet. I'm browsing on Amazon right now, already have several hundred dollars worth of crap in my cart.

Haha, I thought it was just me. Whenever I have free time, my first impulse is to buy something. I'm heading to Costco now to stock up on bottled water and get some new work pants. I'm sure I'll see some other things that I can't live without.

I have been spending too much money on guns lately.

Buying dies, brass, powder bullets and such. Bought some rifles and a couple revolvers.

But then what are you going to do? Stig might come to visit some day and I want him to have enough stuff to shoot.

Spending money can make you feel better sometimes.

Mebees Jim, earning it makes me feel better, but dancing along the tightrope of earning/tax deductions/visible profit etc.is a dance in the dark.

As long as the phone keeps ringing I’ll be ok.

(Walks over to the phone to check it still works ‘cos there has been no decent jobs to bid lately!)

I tried the one handled barrow, it was empty but I had some long stuff to take back too and I wanted to spare a trip, lazy boy.
Well, that sucks !:D

I bought some road plates/temporary road things today https://www.induplates.be/en/road-plates/#wie ?1200 so expensive day off!

22 of them 3 meters by 1/2 a meter so 110ft.

The loader is great but I?m making to much of a mess.

PS thanks to Marc-Antoine for the link.

We used to carry 30 sheets of 4'x8'x3/4" plywood on the bucket truck but since I switched to the Niftylift and the Avant articulating wheeled loader we haven't used the plywood for nearly 2 years. I despised building temporary roads.

We used to carry 30 sheets of 4'x8'x3/4" plywood on the bucket truck but since I switched to the Niftylift and the Avant articulating wheeled loader we haven't used the plywood for nearly 2 years. I despised building temporary roads.

I’ve got an articulated loader as well, but we are damaging lawns badly, So I’m having to delay work for weeks.

The weather here must be worse.

Back