How'd it go today?

That sounds remarkably similar to a certain idiomatic expression regarding feces and rotating ventilators.

Is that what happens? With me, it is always a period of doldrums whilst I find a hose to wash off my boots.

All hope is not lost!

:thumbup:

Today I had a owner of a local machine shop (that also sells plows) look over my plow and instantly bring it into his shop, him and one of his guys proceeded to drain all of the (incorrect) oil out of my plow refill/bleed, re-route a bunch of wiring to clean it right up, fix a couple of spots on the plow that weren't originally put together properly and then adjust everything so my plow sits perfectly square to the pavement(no gaps) in all positions.

All of this on a Friday afternoon for $25 the cost of the synthetic oil. And to top it all off it's not were I had bought my plow. I tried to give the guy more money and he insisted not(said bring a bottle of rum by sometime), said he hates to see people get screwed by people that do sh-tty work(the shop were I bought my plow).

As I've said before I'm one lucky SOB8)

Really made my day.

Good vibes, Justin. 8) Good things happen to good people. Just keep up the charade and don't let anyone find out what an a-hole you really are! :P

and dont forget to bring that nasty rum:)

I won't cause he had actually said 'just bring by a bottle of rum sometime late one afternoon when it's dark out and we'll aim those lights properly for ya too, no charge'.

The dude really went out of his way and frigging fast him and his guy, real proficient mechanics/metalworkers. I'm in the shop looking around, place was stacked lathes, breaks, cnc machine, and a whole schwack of other machines I'm sure I have no idea about.

That guy potentially saved me thousands of dollars in repairs and missed revenues, man I'm glad I popped in there.:)

Yup thats better, about 2.5 hours to go and I am outa here. heading down to the local watering hole for a cold 1 or 10.

WHOA! Talk about a long day. I started at 7:30 yesterday morning and now it's almost 1 AM, the next day. Thank goodness I am in the driveway, my Redbull is spent.

I love the new avatars, very illuminating.

Today we split up, Preston and I went and did a pretty decent pruning job for a guy who used to be the head of the Ski Patrol at Mammoth and Dan drew the short straw and got to go grind stumps. Our day was good although very cold, mid 30's of which I am not accustomed to yet but will feel warm later. Dan's day was bad. Since my stump grinder is down he took a rental unit and ground out a large silver maple stump. It took him longer than he thought it would. Then he went to the smaller silver maple stump where my grinder went kaputz earlier in the week and the rental grinders' hydraulics froze up in the customers backyard. The rental company came out with a replacement grinder and used it to tow the first grinder out of the backyard. After they left Dan started on the stump again only to find that the replacement grinder had no torque and bogged out every time the teeth were engaged. He said it was so weak that he had to push the thing into its trailer by manual force. Dan is a strong young man. He had a bad day and is off to go camping this weekend.

My guys are burned out, Dan from a season of firefighting and Preston from a long hard summer of tree work. We need to go do something fun together other than tree work. If there were more snow here I'd take them skiing. I am planning to give them bonuses and maybe do a dinner or a breakfast before Xmas.

I tried something the other day that worked fairly well. It was something I had been thinking of doing for a while. We had a large silver maple to grind out and although I cut it about an inch above the dirt they are so mounded up there was a ton of wood to grind through. What I did was I took my 440 with a 24" bar and cut into the stump from the top edge of the stump at about a 30 degree angle towards the center of the stump. I went around the stump overlapping similar cuts. I watched my chips to make certain I was not going through the bottom. When Dan ground the stump the center popped out taking a sizable chunk of wood with it.

If there's one thing I cant' stand it's a bottom incumbrance.

So...no panty lines for Leon?

I managed to get in and out of prison this morning, drop off a prescription at the pharmacy and get to my first job right behind the paramedics..... I decided that it probably was NOT the time to start shearing arborvitae so I blew of fthe morning, Pruned a peach, an Apple and a Mulberry this afternoon and learned that everyone was okay and pruned the Arborvitae befor dark.

Back