How'd it go today?

It was a relatively good day. Its snowed a little last night but was sunny all day and mid 40s. We just finished two days of hedges, roses, lilacs and a few actual trees. Tomorrow is a good old fashioned tree removal. Another silver maple bites the dust. Its been a very abused tree, what with a hard topping at 20' and then half of it repeatedly removed for line clearance on the side away from the house. Tomorrow it meets the "Treeminator!" I can call myself that now that All American Steve is the "Stumpinator!"

More palm trees tomorrow. 2 of my 4 jobs today were palm tree trimming, one job was 6 Washies that took me about 25 minutes and the other was 24 Washies that took me about an hour and 40 minutes. There is simply no way a climber can come anywhere near those kind of production times.

More palm trees tomorrow. 2 of my 4 jobs today were palm tree trimming, one job was 6 Washies that took me about 25 minutes and the other was 24 Washies that took me about an hour and 40 minutes. There is simply no way a climber can come anywhere near those kind of production times.

Do you charge $10 a palm tree?:D ;)

I'll let you guys in on a little secret. I'm charging less than $10 per palm. :\:
I'm just charging my normal hourly rate, but it lets the guys selling the jobs to have a little bit more margin since palms don't pay very well anyway. And I'd rather trim palms all winter for $75-$100 per hour instead of sitting home and waiting for the phone to ring.

Today was another stellar day. Trimmed some more palm trees up in Sanford, on the shores of Lake Monroe. After lunch I went and did 5 removals and just got in about 30 minutes ago. Yeah, I worked late but it was well worth it. I'm thankful to have a steady (and healthy) income when so many local tree guys are hurting.

Are you anywhere near all the rain Brian? I was watching the weather channel and they were talking about record amounts of CRAZY rain!!

Actually it just started raining here about 5 minutes ago. I was thinking how much the lawn will like it because it's been dry here for the last month or two. I haven't looked at the weather yet to see how big of a storm it is. Is this the same system that hit Butch earlier this week?

Heck no, that went north. Fla has a 'lil front passing through, nothing to worry about. Work will still go down tomorrow.

today kinda sucked. we mixed up 100 gal of myco apply soluble and loaded it in the bucket truck, drove to ashland and lost the guy driving my pickup. couldnt reach him on the cell as hed left it in his truck. i had a 9:30 bid in j-ville so i took the bucket back over there. on the way i get a collect call from my missing guy, your truck is broke down and i walked a mile to call. so i send my other guy to pick him up and i go bid and come back. my mastercylinder for the clutch went out on the wrong side of the valley! so i drove it with out the clutch (id shut it off at a light, put it in first and hit the starter when the light changed) back to central point. its in the shop and should be tommorrow. rest of the day was good :D except i was gonna go hunting this afternoon:(

killed a few hemlocks today. hit the dump, had lunch in the truck with a great view, sun shining. Tomorrow installing second half of 7-8' cedar hedge with two helpers. looks like the weather is going to hold up for another day and a half, then snow almost guaranteed for sunday. keep getting calls for work, cant seem to catch a day off here. alll good.

:D

Today was Okay- I had a little boo boo at the end of the day and had a limb hit an aluminium awning-just th etips but the owner thinks I bent it(perhaps I did-there is an even curve inward on the bottom brace). The awning owner is NOT my customer so rather than a simple tweak by me she wants to call a repairman. C'est la vie.
Tomorrow morning I'm going to prison.

To give a bid.

They'll keep you if they have any sense.

Today was good minus the usual fun, jammed chipper(first time), nails hidden in the trunk of the removal, dog poop filled yard and I poked out two fence pickets. It turns out that backpack blowers are excellent for clearing lawns covered in dog waste.

Ha! You got me. I was a safe distance away from the poop, blasting it away with the miracle of forced air.

That sounds remarkably similar to a certain idiomatic expression regarding feces and rotating ventilators.

Back