How'd it go today?

Pulled up two cables today digging holes for tree planting with a mini digger, the first a power cable, the second, power, fire alarms, data. This was after being assured there were no cables near where we were digging.

Ha done that! One hole, two power cables a six inch water pipe, telephone and data...

Had another good day. The boss and his brother are both on vacation in Aruba ( I think). Hammered out the first job and laid waste to a dead ash for the second. The other crews did the same with their jobs. Everyone has a whole different attitude when nobody's breathing down their neck. Everyone even got caught in a down pour but still did it with minimal griping.

Ha done that! One hole, two power cables a six inch water pipe, telephone and data...
I once put the point of a 24" auger dead center of a 2"plastic gas line the gas company had traced and assured me nothing was down there .What they didn't know was the fact nobody installed a tracer wire on it when it was installed .---oops---

Big lonely old house should have another occupant here in the near future. Just too empty around here... Spent the day visiting animal shelters today after going through over 900 pages of dogs up for adoption in the last two days. In some ways this is harder than losing one...I get attached to a good animal too easily. Did the paper work for a couple of prospects and have an Australian Shepherd to look at that will be coming in sometime tomorrow.

Been playing fiddle for hours on end lately and gaining leaps and bounds on it...I can pretty near stand to listen to myself play now...

I'm a fan of the Australian Shepards, very similar in energy and intelligence to the border collie. Very good dogs, just make sure they have a job to do so they don't go nutso. Sometimes scary smart, they will work with you amazingly well to try to figure out what you want them to do, big people pleasers.

My wife loved her aussie, it'd be a good match for you Davey.
Seems like soon as I start to get up here I get kicked again, I guess I'm leaving at 5 in the morning tomorrow to go back north and spend a week bucking. I hate this short notice, back stepping crap

yep, I like the herding dogs. Also looked at a couple young Labs and a small Staffordshire Terrier (best personality so far). I'll be looking for a few days yet I'm sure. Most of the dogs I'm interested in have several applications to adopt them an the staff will pick who gets to adopt based on who they think matches up with the dog best, so it's a waiting game which is fine for a while.

Man Nic that's just goofy. Seems they would have known this last week...

Carl....we have a free underground survey agency here...sucks to hit utilities.

Just caught up like 10 pages of this thread.

Today was first day of storm cleanup.....50mph winds came in and f$!@#! s#@× up. Smashed all kinds of cars and shut down roads...Huge trees came down...so much root rot and edge trees after stands have been removed...sad but....whatever...I'm a cutter.

Our little day... Got this call last night....

Attachments

• 20151214_091236.jpg
    20151214_091236.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20151214_091301.jpg
    20151214_091301.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20151214_091225.jpg
    20151214_091225.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20151214_154520.jpg
    20151214_154520.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20151214_154509.jpg
    20151214_154509.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20151214_154504.jpg
    20151214_154504.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 41
Funny thing was there was no river running down the street last night when I went to look at it... Just a puddle. So I thought someone had shut off the water that was broken. This morning was a different story.... Water bubbling up everywhere and find out there is no shut off. So I killed her water to the house and went about it. She had Dr's appointments to make so we cleared the drive just in time for her to make them this morning. Her car was trapped inside. She could not believe she was going to make it. Surprise. ;)
Tree all done and shipped off... we tarped the roof and fixed the plumbing so she has water tonight :)
Day started kind of rough at 7am when I had to take a new to me truck bed off the trailer that was frozen on and then find out the trailer had a broken spring... :(
Soooooooo Had to come back for the dingo for the wood handling after I brought a load back in the dump trailer and proceeded to weld D rings in it. :lol:
Ohhhh life has been interesting.

Brought this home yesterday.. kinda neat for 250.00

Attachments

• 20151210_160607.jpg
    20151210_160607.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20151210_160600.jpg
    20151210_160600.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 20151210_160549.jpg
    20151210_160549.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 41
Going to put the 5th wheel back and add a gooseneck attachment to it. Couple of beds are here are kind of beat up. Might add a dump kit under it at the same time for a compact dump unit.

Butch, I considered it, there are a couple bonded pairs, but the are all older than I'm looking for. Besides I'm really a one dog kinda guy...now gals...:/:

Nice find for $250 Stephen

Neighbor left early this morning and bumped his garage door opener 1/4 mile away while turning on the overhead light in his truck.

He was a little surprised when I called him to ask why his garage door was open.

He asked me to close it. I did.

His wife is home sleeping. He said she would be a little upset to find out the house was wide open while she was asleep.

Pretty good day so far...unexpected check in the mail from a in Oct., The big hispanic cook got my eggs right at the restaurant (usually not done enough if he's cooking), animal shelter called: my app was approved for the dog I want and can have an "adoption appointment" Thursday afternoon, Got a video lesson back from my fiddle instructor...

Back