How'd it go today?

The start of a new Christmas bench. I make a bench every year now(this is year 2) for Christmas. Each year someone new in the family will get it. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Did you use a mandril, of a lathe to cut the base? Are you saying that you raised the exhaust 96 thousandths of an inch from where the top of the port already is? You also said that you did something to the intake. Finger-porting, or just opening-up a hair.

We've got a foreman at my shop who only runs 038's. I don't know how he keeps finding them. It's an awsome saw.
No the exhaust starts to open at 96 degrees of rotation .Stock was 101-102 degrees .

I did a thread on it maybe 4-5 years ago .If I can find it again I'll bump it up in the chainsaw section

Very nice, glad to see the mill being put to good use. I've got a cedar trunk here waiting for me to have time to mill it, but it has a decent amount of heart rot so I'm not sure how much usable wood I'll get out of it.

I did finish up my thousand dollar brake job today .Rather what a shop was going to charge me ,like I'm some kind of idiot .A tad over 100 in parts and 3.5-4 hours of my time .

Wow I'm paying myself over 200 an hour.--Not too bad for an idiot .:D

My 250 is sitting in Dad's driveway waiting for the special socket to take the rear hubs apart so I can put new parking brake hardware in it. We checked it out so I could take it in for inspection and found that there was no parking brake, at all. No shoes, no linkages, even the backing plate had completely rusted away. Ordered parts and took it apart just to find that we had to take the hubs apart and didn't have the right tool. oh well, still cheaper than having a shop do it.

Geeze, Al. Give yourself a raise!

Man I am glad we dont fight with road salt like you guys over in PA Chris. If you were closer I would let you borrow my socket! I have several, every time I do a rear axle job I cant find the socket, so I buy another one and then promptly find the old one once I am done.

I did that with a chainsaw lanyard about a month ago, couldn't find it, used a sling as a substitute for 1 job, picked up a new one on my way to a job the next day and found my old one in the saw bucket when I went to swap a chain. found the old one the same day I bought its replacement

I wish I'd bought these about a month and a half ago. I'm about $370 into changing over the Jeep to new lug nuts. The chrome on old lugnuts gets rust under it, then it pops off, leaving just the steel nut underneath. Usually not a problem, just use an 18mm instead of 19mm. About a month ago, I got a flat on the way to work. Twisted the factory lug wrench like a pretzel. Broke several sockets, ratchets and adapters trying to get the final nut loose. Had to get towed, that was $170, with lugnut extraction. Bought proper impact sockets to carry with my cordless 1/2" impact wrench, 20 new lug nuts, and several different rounded over lugnut extractor sets. The Bolt grip was the only one that did the job, and easily, too. I have the whole set now with the case. Worth a look if you have rounded over nuts or bolts that are hard to reach, like deep in an alloy wheel.

I was impressed. I was worried it was just going to strip it out more, but it grabbed the nut and spun it off. They are 3/8" drive, but are also hex on the outside, so I used a 1" impact socket on the cordless impact. I was able to grab the nut with vise grips and reverse the wrench and the bad nut came out easily. I have all ten of these sockets, which cost almost $50, but it was worth it to get that lugnut off. They should be good for many more in the future.

I used these on the Allen head cap screws before. They really do work nicely. Not sure what brand they were though. I was helping the mechanic with the clutch in my 550.

Aren't you enjoying that Hobb's, Stephen?
The step up from a Porty to a heavy duty lowering device must be fantastic, with the stuff that you are constantly dealing with.

Yes. Very much. On our large job we had both the KK and Hobbs on the gin poles with control line. Hobbs lifted and pulled beautifully. It was a good choice for the task. Easy transition for the crew.

The trannny saga went from bad to worse. Not going to cover under warrenty. The guys that installed it and screwed the pooch on the wiring harness negated my warrenty with their negligence. So now I will have to buy anothe new 3500.00 trannny to replace my 3 month old 3500.00 tranny. I just wanna beat somebody.

Back