How'd it go today?

Btw, ok, you were given a corrected phrase, how do you remember it???

Can't explain how, but I do.
I just have a good ear for languages.
I constantly amaze the Swiss by my ability to understand and ,mostly, speak their weird dialect, schwiizerdütsch. Of course being married to one, and having lived there helps, but most foreigners never get it.

Practise on this, if you want to learn it:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qSzqr_2E7IE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was the whole idea.
Figured it would be good for you Yanks to hear how they speak in other parts of the world ( As Wilbur Larch would have said:))

I spent all afternoon working in my sawmill yard, then went to visit a friend for a few hours. Came home to find out that my neighbor shot a bear and they tracked it right through the mill yard. Don't know if they've found it yet, or not.

Stig, I trust in grade school and HS you were very skilled and adept with your native language? Would show you have language aptitude, and from there went on to all the others. Just for the hell of it, why don't you give chinese a whirl??

Met Page at todays job to LOAN him my sawmill, then went to work hacking at my friends maple tree. He had it topped years ago, its shading out several other trees that he is very fond of, we're leaving the 4 or 5 leaders at about 20'. Got BOTH of my throwlines stuck in the tree, had to spur up it, rigged some, bombed some, managed to not damage his dogwood, rhododendron, or take out his power line, and ALMOST got it finished today. Toward the end I knew I was getting tired but figured I'd be done within a half hour, then the saw quit - out of gas - that was the sign that I was done being in that tree for the day. Beer thirty, got paid for the day, headed home. :D and exhausted.

:lol:

Al: What did you do to your 38?
Just a simple soup up .Cut the cylinder base for about 23-25 thou piston/head deck clearance , widened the exhaust and raised it to 96 after,pop up piston .Sweeped upper transfer ports .Work on the intake etc .

It's a torquer not a racer .It will run heads up with a bone stock stock MS 660 .However with an old school 066 before they forked them up the 66 would take the prize .
I probably use that saw more than the rest combined .

I think that the Chicken coop fire was caused by a faulty heated base for the watering fount. I did find a heat lamp in there too, but the base of the heater looked charred.

Sorta sad, it was the kid's birthday party tonight, and all his chickens died.

Stig, I trust in grade school and HS you were very skilled and adept with your native language? Would show you have language aptitude, and from there went on to all the others. Just for the hell of it, why don't you give chinese a whirl??

I thought I would take up Spanish, so they can understand me when I go to California.:P

.Cut the cylinder base for about 23-25 thou piston/head deck clearance , widened the exhaust, and raised it to 96... .It will run heads up with a bone stock stock MS 660 .

Did you use a mandril, of a lathe to cut the base? Are you saying that you raised the exhaust 96 thousandths of an inch from where the top of the port already is? You also said that you did something to the intake. Finger-porting, or just opening-up a hair.

We've got a foreman at my shop who only runs 038's. I don't know how he keeps finding them. It's an awsome saw.

Last of the Birch. I really wanted to save that little spruce, even though I'd already said I'd take it out. Ended up getting scissored off. Cold birch full of water is so goddamn HEAVY!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yaYVEDfQpw8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That winch sure is a handy thing. I almost bought one for that last big job. We needed the Hobbs more.
Just a tip though. Slao a small wedge into the back cut before you walk away from the tree to pull it. Just some added insurance.
Lots another trannny I the F250 yesterday and the flat bed just got back with a new Jax. Sooooo. Now we get to see if the Warranty will cover it.

Aren't you enjoying that Hobb's, Stephen?
The step up from a Porty to a heavy duty lowering device must be fantastic, with the stuff that you are constantly dealing with.

They've got it in their heads to try and mill some of the wood Jim. Logging truck is coming to pick everything up.

You're right about the wedges Stephan.

Lots another trannny I the F250 yesterday and the flat bed just got back with a new Jax. Sooooo. Now we get to see if the Warranty will cover it.

I don't know if is an automatic, but when you have a tranny failure with one I think they recommend oil cooler replacement. In your hills you probably should have the extra heavy duty size one. I put one in my clunker as a cheap insurance policy. Medium size one was 40 or 50 dollars I think.

I have had bad luck with non-factory reman transmissions. Have not had to put one in my 93, but it only has 58,000 miles. The Chevy remans have been good and come with a year warranty.

A good dedicated cooler seems to help though.

As a side note, a cooler in the radiator tank is almost impossible to get really clean with one of those flush in a can things.

I spent the weekend working on this mess. I removed 90% of the crown in winds gusting up to 50mph yesterday afternoon. It was origonally a co-dom & ones side had failed leaving the main stem split & heaving at what was left of the root plate. We guyed it & this allowed me to run up & get the weight out of the crown - beech tree about 80ft & 3ft dbh. I'll just put a couple of pics up now as have to collect some others . Glad it's down :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 55
Back