How'd it go today?

I remember those meetings from my line clearance days. Could be brought about by something that happened in our company or someone else's. Made for a long day usually for me...

Hope he gets things under control better soon...

Thanks for the empathy gents...

Couple of homestead shots for Jim... Here's the cabin with the old doors... unnamed-110.jpg Here's the new doors inside...
unnamed-109.jpg
Shot's of the wood stove, and the other window

unnamed-108.jpg unnamed-107.jpg

Wife with goat and barrel of goat poo. (NOT my sister... scout's honor.)

Attachments

• unnamed-102.jpg
    unnamed-102.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 54
  • unnamed-103.jpg
    unnamed-103.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 54
Dang Jed, quite a place. Beautiful wife too, of course she's not your sister I've seen a pic of you.:P

Best wishes to your fallen comrade as well. I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Thanks Justin. You guys are always welcome too, should you need to do any shopping down this way or whatever.

Butch: There's no extra penalties for letting it lapse, are there?

I don't think there's any fine for being late. I could always say it was sitting up and I wasn't driving it.

Oh, if a cop pulled me over there would be a fine, alright. I was thinking about the inspection place wanting to fine me. I'm pretty sure they can't do anything... it's not like a lapse in insurance coverage. That's a fine for sure if you don't turn in the plates and tags.

Finally got a chance to get back on here today since I'm playing catch up on paper work. I could write a book about the past few weeks. Got loader back from shop last week and it died 5 min after it got off the trailer. Dealing with EPA garbage on our boiler, a bunch of OSHA bs. Our help gets worse by the day. Need to fire them all and start over I suppose. I'm beginning to think this sawmill stuff is for the birds more and more everyday. Internet at home has been down for 3 weeks. The bank we do business with here at work and the one I use personally just merged or sold out to some other bank. They have been making the transitions over the last week and have everything screwed up! Did find out our 2nd child is going to be a boy last week. He should be here around Christmas. Going to Destin FL with the wife and our 4 year old son next Friday for a week, so I'm trying to get everything ready for when I'm gone. May not come back once I get there. So I guess 2-3 positive things happening somehow outweighs the 1000 bad.

Going to Destin FL with the wife and our 4 year old son next Friday for a week, so I'm trying to get everything ready for when I'm gone. May not come back once I get there.

Hahaha...even Paradise might sour after awhile. Getting away might help put perspective on all the BS...a four year old can make you forget almost anything!!

Have fun....chill.

Hahaha...even Paradise might sour after awhile. Getting away might help put perspective on all the BS...a four year old can make you forget almost anything!!

Have fun....chill.

The beach is fun but I'll be missing the saw dust after day 3-4. I guess that is why the the wife always wants to go there and wont let me pick. If I got to Alaska or British Columbia I could almost guarantee we wouldn't come back.

I hear you. I got to go to the beach also for vacation. Talked her out of it for next year though. Think we're going back to the smokies.

Rough day for the rail road. Doing that bridge clearing job for them. Being tied in to the vehicle across the tracks is working nicely. Putting a redirect on stubs closest to the top is keeping the ropes out of the dirt. Have to come up about every hour for rail traffic isn't to bad. All the oversize loads on the state route below are killing production though. It's been fun working around all the hazards with this job. Tired but a good day

I could write a book about the past few weeks.... Got loader back from shop last week and it died 5 min after it got off the trailer..

Ha, omg, join the club!! Doesn't stuff like that drive you absolutely nuts??????

Anyway, nice to see you back on here, Denver. Idk, those pics you posted of the sawmill make it look like quite an enterprise. I'm still not sure why you want to get into tree work instead of sawmilling. Although, there is a way to make a million bucks cutting trees- start with 5 million!!

Congrats on your impending arrival!

Yeah, glad to hear ya got a little boy on the way.

Our third child (also a boy) is due in November.

Man I got a good scald on my MS 250c today. That sucker cuts like a hot knife! I am proud of my self.

Took 6 strokes per tooth, so it was over due. It was trying to burn through the wood.

Although, there is a way to make a million bucks cutting trees- start with 5 million!!

Congrats on your impending arrival!

That's exactly what I've been told growing up about saw-milling. lol

Denver
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dog hair ivy-smothered Fir with tons of sweep over the buildg. today. Long drag for the boys. They were pissed...

unnamed-112.jpg unnamed-113.jpg unnamed-114.jpg unnamed-115.jpg unnamed-116.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-117.jpg
    unnamed-117.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 41
  • unnamed-118.jpg
    unnamed-118.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 43
Gary: "Dog-hair," is a regional term (I've really only heard it used by coastal Canadians, and in WA) for woods-growth trees that are relatively limbless until quite high, small in DBH, but 100'plus. The Ivy? Man... I dunno... I guess we all call it English Ivy, but probably incorrectly. In certain spots, it can go up to about 90'.

Stephen: Wouldn't matter!! I'm not kidding! If it's raining... everyone is all, "I wish it were summer." When our two-week summer comes, the guys are INSTANTLY like, "This sucks! When it's cold, you actually want to work to warm-up."

Back