How'd it go today?

HA! Man, I'll get songs stuck in my head for the entire tree. Big boss just called and said I've got to be in tomorrow morning! :X In eight years with this outfit... this is the first time I've ever had to work on Sunday. :X

Tell your wuss of a groundsman that the coms will come in sweet in winter.

O.k. Rich I'm about to fire my whole crew. First Jamo walks in right under Andy who is firing down chunks of Oak.... right into Jamo's head...sending him to the doctor. Then, stinkin' Andy lets the bull rope go up through the block. I gotta go back up and put it back. Then... the goofball does it AGAIN :X. MAN!! What a bunch of inbreds.

After that... stuff went incredibly smooth... Reverse rigging: making the notch on top of the logs, and then peeling them up with the crane to the block in the convenient 100 foot Fir with windblown top (so that the wood was really stout).

Here's what it looked like when we got there. unnamed-75.jpg unnamed-76.jpg View from the block... unnamed-79.jpg Some upside down rigging... unnamed-78.jpg Here's a shear-stump I beaver chewed... Beer-thirty... unnamed-81.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-82.jpg
    unnamed-82.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 45
Big job for Sunday, pita!! Nice pics.

Ha, the rope up thru the block, 2x:X:lol:

Sounds like a great day. I've had the groundies pull my line out a few times. Had a few walk around aimlessly and almost get hit. Never on a Sunday though.

Today was spent hanging new curtain rods, putting a bed together, and replacing u-joints on my Tahoe. 167,000 miles on factory universals isn't to shabby I guess.

Cory: Glad SOMBODY got a laugh out of it. :lol:

Here was my roof modus operandi (Cedar shake, when wet, on a pitched roof is impossible to walk on.)
unnamed-83.jpg

Did you clb out of the bucket or have someone hoist you up there? I swear I recently read a thread on using the boom as a tie in point. Nice work by the way

Ugly job for a Sunday. But that is why he called you in. Too bad he put you with a numb skull crew.

Andy (the one wrapping up my rope in the end of the day shot) is an excellent man, and a really good guy whom I love to death. When he gets around these other guys though... he just spaces out.

I know you're not supposed to but I was just curious if you climbed out or was hoisted. I would've done the same thing with a wet shake roof except I'd of been on a HH instead of a RW.

Way less than you'd think considering the weight of Gary Oak. Five minor/small holes through the shake roof with only one 3" hole through the plywood. Also, a fairly smashed eve. They had just logged all the Fir off of the golf-course behind the housing development which is why the Oak caught so much southern wind that it wasn't used to.

Rich: Climbed out. The only reason I even have that wrench is because Sean Ruel (Ruel on this site) loaned it to me. I really want a Rope Runner, Bull Dog Bone, or Jaime's new one.

Stephen: Pretty much. I have to apologize and repent a lot.

I'm fairly beat.
Deadwooded 12 oak trees today over a road and took out one dying ash.
Warm rain all day.

But no rest for the wicked, I have to teach a karate class in 2 hours.
A strong cup of tea to keep me from nodding off in the car and I'll be off.

The weather cleared up, so I took the bike instead of the car.
Accidentally tried to outrun a police car on the way home.
Normally I go fast enough on the bike that I don't have to watch for cop cars coming from behind.
There was a major congestion on the freeway and once I got through it, I ran the bike up to about 90 MPH.
I noticed there was a car right on my tail, so I figured I'd speed up to 120 and lose it quickly , so I twisted the throttle full open.
Just as I pulled away, the blue flashing light came on.
I'd been just about to out run a cop car:lol:
I pulled over and as they passed me, one guy stuck his arm out the window and made a "Slow down" sign, then they rode on.
Would have cost me about 500 bucks had they stopped me.

Thirty odd years ago I had a job delivering new cars around the country for an Opel dealer, great job. Before onboard cameras et al.
I was driving through a town like the pedal happy teararse I was, I pulled up at a traffic light and a cop car pulled up next to me, he leant out and said "we've been following you for a while, stop driving like a tosser!"
These days I'd have lost my licence.
(I ended up losing my licence anyway a while later, it was inevitable)

Good story and the English slang words are hilarious- teararse and tosser!

I spent all day helping a local competitor, I know it's bad business but great practice. I have finally arrived to a point were I'm confident in my climbing and have even done one big crane job being the only cutter/bucket man/climber, and hopefully I have defeated my fear of bucket work. I'll try to get pics of the future stuff but I was really trying to stay focused on the task at hand.

Back