How'd it go today?

Oh it was "blasting" lol it hurt so bad but all the pressure behind my eyes is dang near gone. I'll be putting that in the bag of tricks

I changed the caulks on both pairs of wesco logger's boots today.
I wonder if I'm the only logger who doesn't get around to doing that, untill he takes a nasty fall from a log.............Ouch!

Cool sinus trick, never heard of that before.

I suspect y'all know this one for clearing out a small particle from your eye: pull eyelid outward, look down, exhale sharply (blast) through the nose. Repeat a time or 3, looking in different directions with the eye. I've had good luck with that many a time.

Really? Why didn't I know that for the last 20 years I've been running a saw? I bend sideways at a truck mirror and dig away with my bar oil soaked fingers at the elusive corner of my eye chip. Next time I discipline an oak on a windy day I'm going to try that. Oak chips can't resist my peepers. The dust swirls back behind my eye wear and gets me no matter what.

Well cool, I hope it works for ya. It is pretty good, not 100% perfect but pretty good.

"Bar oil soaked fingers," good one, gotta love it, Tuck

The sinus pressure trick works great, I haven't had any problems since. Today was kinda just a wash though, kinda wussed out on a real dead box elder with no top and hanging over a house. Was gonna try it till the home owner said he poured killer in it and drilled a bunch of holes in it. Maybe if there was anything near it to tie into, maybe I just need to grow a pair.

Cory if I touch my eye, its a guarantee that I have something on my skin that will make me howl in pain. It's just my luck.

Now I'm starting to worry the trick won't work for y'all… Hey when you pull the eyelid outward, pull it by the eyelashes, not by the skin itself.

No room to get a lift in. I'm thinking it'll have to be a 70 footer from the neighbors yard. Since they have a fence tunnel thing covering the driveway for grape vines.

Never heard that trick either Cory, could've tried it today. Removed a good sized pecan with a deck built around it and didn't break anything so it was a good day. The tree was so full of water my pants were soaked from the wet sawdust.

Had a bit of a laugh this afternoon.
Took the 560 into the husky shop for a couple of bits and to ask the spanner monkey's advice on a couple of things, he's rather condescending but we sort of get along.
We decided to replace the bar and the ring inside the clutch that the chain runs on (bague de pinion in French forget it in English) Anyway he has his own piston block, chatting away and after it wouldn't start, his face dropped when he realised he'd punched a hole in the piston.
Still, I get a rebuilt top end for free I guess!

Back