How'd it go today?

Thumbs up to that kind of treatment.

Rupert the Black when to work today. He got to hang out with the HOs dogs while I banged out 5 fruit tree prunes, and 9 doug-fir canopy raises (all off a 15' orchard ladder leaned against the trunk, call it cheating if you like). Homeowner laughed when I related that I figured I could finish pruning the other 4 fruit trees in the orchard, while Will chips and rakes. Hopefully, three small japanese maple prunes to add on. I told her how I heard (here, on TH) "don't lift with your back, lift with your employees!". She laughed.

I have been pruning a number of japanese maples lately. Very snip, snip, snip. Way easier than any other kind of tree work. Trying to develop an eye for it, more and more. The HO the other day said about Japanese pruning, "prune so a bird can fly through it".

I pruned a big apple tree that had been done by a real good arborist the last couple of time.
It is just such a pleasure to prune a tree that has been started and maintained right.
A rare one for me, unfortunately.

You probably wouldn't like pruning after me. About the only pruning I am good at is ground level pruning :)

Tried to take a light day today...
Ended up picking up a bunk bed set, 3 estimates and an emergency cracked dead oak call... Yeahhhhhhhh... What I do while I'm resting :lol:

You probably wouldn't like pruning after me. About the only pruning I am good at is ground level pruning :)

I'm good at that too, Cody.
If I could come in about 100 years after you've been over the area, it should be fine for me.
100-140 year old stuff is what I cut most of anyway.

Well I got out of snow plowing last night to do something worthwhile. The boss called me and said he had an emergency removal for the gas company. -6 F when I clocked in. Drove an hour and a half to this emergency removal to find a 8 inch diameter ,14 foot tall maple. Took all of 20 minutes including the stump grinding. Drove 1 1/2 hours back to the shop. Easy half day but kinda sucked at the same time. Been at home talking to the log splitter since one

Just fighting the bitter cold here with a cold, I guess day to day wasn't challenging enough. My big lab got mad at me and chewed himself raw, so now he is getting a lot of my time not sure he is happy with the quality of time together though (lots of scrubbing and medicating) Well If I can keep the fire burning and keep myself out of the looney bin then it'll be another year won

Pink Eye, or viral mimic, in the house. D has it. I am starting to feel sick. Hopefully, I can stick to just a cold.

Asthma kicking my arse all night and day. Took a treatment and got on with it. Took it easy on the beginning and end of the day dropping a tree and rigging a couple from the ground down. Worked solo with the HOs. They clean up. Still SRT a group of oaks and removed hazard dead and mistletoe. Banked 5 hours and a tip. Hope I can breathe better tomorrow. My Wraptor is down right now.

Cracked fan housing... Makes the clutch stick and it goes up. No stopping until it stalls. Sooooooo....
I ordered the new housing and plan on digging in soon. Housing is now in my truck.
I don't know if it got cracked when I dropped it when Dave was here or not and then the crack got worse?
Or someone dropped it unloading from the truck or something and isn't talking.
I am gonna just say, probably the 60 plus foot drop. Maybe it was 75.

some cali live oak branch removals today

SRT, HH going 3 to 1 with hand ascender

B1ExLUJ.jpg

Just fighting the bitter cold here with a cold, I guess day to day wasn't challenging enough. My big lab got mad at me and chewed himself raw, so now he is getting a lot of my time not sure he is happy with the quality of time together though (lots of scrubbing and medicating) Well If I can keep the fire burning and keep myself out of the looney bin then it'll be another year won

Good luck on er' man..... You and me both.

Bright sun up in Bothel today on a comercial Fir removal. Such a beautiful day. I can never decide, when I have a tight shot for the wood, if I want to negative block or firewood chunk it..... We roughed-up the ground with a polaski, and chunked it... Worked a champ.

Real cold here again, looking like snow to night tomorrow. Got up to 16° today so split and delivered a few cord of wood. Hope no snow pushing tonight, sick of truck cab! So much tree work backing up, but hate the call backs in spring to come back and clean up cause "it looks like a bomb went off in the yard" . Funny how they forgot I lowered the price and told them (in writing, on estimate) that with 2 ft of snow we could not clean up well.

Getting over my cold, just lots of pressure behind my eyes yet. Get to change am accelerator pedal assembly in an 08 impala tomorrow. Between the dog, baby, and me I'm pretty sure we will ruin the floor pacing. But atleast I may be putting my knives in a store so maybe there will be something there, if not then I know what my boys are getting for A's on report cards lol

Shove your thumb against the roof of your mouth while holding your nose and blasting your ears.

Follow me?

Back