How'd it go today?

Been stumpgrinding for most of the day.
My absolutely least favourite part of treework.
In the afternoon the weather cleared up and I took the motorcycle out to make some estimates.
My favourite part of treework.

So the day balanced out:D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9QsEHg1mufw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cJwmqxTHWyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

God do I dislike stump grinding, but am starting to wonder more and more if its a necessary evil if I can't find a Sub that doesn't do treework, too.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9QsEHg1mufw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cJwmqxTHWyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's some pretty sweeeeeet iron you're running!

Tom does okay at it .He usually gets his crew working on other jobs and swings back and does the grinding himself .

Depends they might take care of the grindings themselves or it might be a load up with a skid loader and haul in dirt to fill the hole priced accordingly of course .It's a diesel Vermeer and does a good job from what I've seen .

Well now today was another 12 hour deal like most of them .I did get the controller for my Monarch lathe finally yesterday .Took 2 freakin months .Now it's cold as a well drillers butt and I'm working all this overtime and have no idea when I'll find the time to install it .Lawdy if it isn't one thing it's another .

I thought I had one, but haven't been able to find him. I"ll have to look more. The guy with a high power tracked machine is one competitor, the other competitor just bought a decent sized grinder, so no longer subbing to first. Cheap tree removal service started in stumps.

Only one I've found is called Small Solutions, so may or may not be competitive for big stumps that are accessible.

Went out and did a quick cable job I was going to have done yesterday. Job yesterday grew some and the WeSSpur order was not going to arrive on Thanksgiving :lol:
Wraptor up... cut some to thing the leaders. Have Rob pull the leaders closer.. splice in the Tree Guard and descend. Let Rob finish clean up while I invoiced. Went further into town to pick up some parts and got to talk to some folks here and there I have not seen in a few. Grab a cup o Joe from the local expresso shop and head home.. Relaxing day save for a damn Silky cut. OOops. Nuttin big or bad, just bother some :P

You should see the tub grinder at the local dump, puts that to shame... :)

You'd be amazed. Tubs are old technology, (I used to own a 760hp Tub) and the slow speeds are vastly more productive in terms of fuel per tonne processed. They are also much more tolerant of contamination and much safer. Finally, they dont produce the vast amount of fines tubs make.

I thought I had one, but haven't been able to find him. I"ll have to look more. The guy with a high power tracked machine is one competitor, the other competitor just bought a decent sized grinder, so no longer subbing to first. Cheap tree removal service started in stumps.

Only one I've found is called Small Solutions, so may or may not be competitive for big stumps that are accessible.
Maybe you could have them sign a "no compete" contract or a "hey this is my custy you no steal them clause" if they grind your stumps.

A good idea, but is it realistic? Am I going to find out they did some work somehow and sue? In an ideal world, it would work.

I'm going to call Small Solutions today or tomorrow.

Logging crew didn't show again today...I think they are both fired. Talked to the boss and may be going full time. We'll talk more tomorrow. New Feller? starting tomorrow.

Helped a friend cut firewood today...I cut for a few hours and he gets to carry for a few days. He was tickled for the help (as his helper didn't show today either) so it was worth my time and I was happy to help him out. He is a mason and I'm getting new glass block windows in my basement out of the deal. :)

How does one do that with the boom? As I always understood them to be in a fixed position or does it have a float setting for just that purpose?

I had to get creative to do that. Never have done it before as i usually have a chip box on. Not sure what you mean though. It has 360 swivel, just not continuous.

Back