How'd it go today?

Ha, they're a lot better states than this one. The bayous and swamps are cool for an hour or two!

Snow is kinda cool (not really) in small doses, but I'm about ready for the nuthouse and it still ain't even December yet. Sigh.

I worry about it. When the snow melts, and the tidbits are left, I wonder if my customer will try and call me to come clean up again, which I wont. I tell them straight up before we start that with snow on the ground, clean up will NOT be 100%. If they are cool with that, lets roll. If not, we can wait until the snow melts.

I hear ya about letting the custy know ahead of time about the not so perfect clean up. If the snow is light and fluffy I blow off the work area before we start and that seems to work pretty well and the hard crusty snow you can clean up well enough. Now if they are ultra anal I have laid down tarps and that gets added into the bill as a PITA fee.

I had a customer in Shreveport, Louisiana. He said the Nazis were taking over and moved to Arizona. It was a number of years ago, some governor name Dean or something?

Still doing storm cleanup here.
We have about a gazillion miles of trails to clear for the forest service.
Riding around on the ATV all day, sawing, chucking and vinching stuff away is not what I consider hard work.
They were really hard up for help and we have a good name with them, so they pay us quite well and keep telling us they are thankfull for the help:)
If we don't get hard frost before x-mas and have to start logging, this gig could last that long, which is fine with me.

Last edited:
Crew wouldn't show for the guy I'm topping for today so went out bought a new pair of Carolina boots to climb in (The Asolos were getting a bit cold when standing around).

Stopped in and checked on an old farmer I did some work for this last two years. He mentioned wanting help getting firewood in and then I never heard anything so thought I'd check and see if he was OK. He is and wants to start next week. His son in law wants me to do in a few trees around his house also when I get time. Love working for these guys...bonuses come in the form of Angus beef!

Yes Sir! Local and delicious. Last time I took out five Ash for him he paid me and handed me Two grocery bags full of beef.

They call me in for lunch when I'm there also. Nice folks.

Just chilling, running errands and getting ready to move. Picked up a new TV, amazon (not black friday madness). Took down all the artwork today packed up about a third of my tree gear, I need another 2 job boxes!

Chris, i wouldnt go back either to rake, but we did it all the time at Green.

Working up in a second home mountain resort area doing crane removals. Above a thousand meters with light snow on the ground. Cold as heck in the morning. A cool job, working with some enjoyable people that I connect with every now and then. It's been windy a lot lately, but today was calm. Hopefully so tomorrow as well when finishing up. Only like three or four trees left.

Worked for a couple of friends today. Taking a pine and 2 conifers down. Made me bacon sandwiches on arrival, Spaghetti for lunch and endless cups of tea. 30 pound tip and a case of beer. Home at 3-30. Strong contender for day of the year

Back