How much work do you really do ???

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
Sometimes i wonder if anyone here actually works -:D:D:D
I know, i know, alot of you do work ...
But shite - how can yall work all day, and then talk about work all the rest of the day ?
I tried that for a few years and plum near felt like i was spending more time debating work than working ......:D:D:D

Not much; I show up about 7, drink coffee until about 7:30 or so, check my email for another 30 minutes. Then I roust through the previous 2 shifts reports- takes about another half hour, then spend the next 30 minutes telling the other guys what they're going to do today. If I feel like it, then I go and do some actual engineering-ish work for a couple hours. Then it's lunchtime, which lasts an hour... or so. Then I might do another hour or so of workish kinda stuff, then I check my email and order whatever supplies the boys will need for tomorrow... and jet out about 1pm.

:D

I like to do treework all day and spend much of the evening reading tree sites, watching tree vids.

Did you get your crane yet?

Up at 10amish, drink a few glasses of water and watch some TV. Make a stiff drink around 1pm and open up the garage to shoot the breeze with the neighbors. Go get the boy around 3 from school and nut around in the garage for the evening.

Wake up, see if they are still finding anymore dead people. If they aren't, I might eventually get some work.

Self employed and work 5-7 unless I am too sick or the weather is too miserable.
I like talking about what I do. There ain't no one else in my house that can or will. I like to read what people share, I often learn new stuff from the posts. I feel camaraderie with people that do what we do. This is MY time. Wife gets some, work gets some (more than just some often), kids get some. I need some of something for me too. If I try to talk about work with Kat..., no go. bores her to tears. Hey, I can't hardly listen to her work crap either, or school for that matter, or what the girl friend club did... Hell I can't usually get a word in edgewise anyway at home.
So yeah... I bust my ass when I have to ..... Pace myself through day to day as I have to. Log in all my after hours work like I have to. And in the company of my brothers of the house.. I find peace for the most part, just in that some one else "gets it", or maybe someone had a great day I can smile about, or a rough day I can count my blessings about not having.
I need this place to decompress at the end of the day.

8-4:30 ish... and then paperwork at home, banking, ordering................................................................................................................

And sometimes I cook dinner at the same time :lol:

8am I move the truck around and then let the guys load it up and do a few miscellaneous projects while I do some office work. 8:30(slacker, I know) its off to the job site. We finish most afternoons between 4:30 and 6:30. Then I go out and do bids until dark, whenever that is. Tonight I got home at 8pm and was able to read a little bit to my daughter before she had to go to bed.

What's work :scratch:? It all depends some times it is balls to the wall and sometimes it is sit and wait.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I start work at 11 am each day yeah i know slacker - but i finish each day about 11;30 pm...
Glad to see yall took this thread lightly i was worried about getting flamed or banned .
Seems like everyone is pretty light - thats cool to see .
Well its off to work now - check back in lada

No crane yet - but its coming .
Ive had it with sissy crane operators and just all the dang calles trying to get a machine .
My plan is buy a pretty small crane so i can get it right up next to the trees our trees are short anyhow .
Crane man wanted a 55 ton for todays work which we are doing with a 15 ton boom truck .
The boom truck is literally right beside the tree .
The 55 ton would have been 90 feet away .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've worked more in this past week than I have in quite some time.

You meen on the Outlander ?
Those stms are pricey huh.
You know im putting 80 ponies to the dirt now and im still legal.
Stock bike put 49 to the dirt or RWHP.
They advertise 72 but thats crank shaft HP - you get your oil cooler yet - i found a great location it will fit high on the right side undet the shifter lever and if you have taken out alt of the junk plastic it gets great ail flow there .
Greg liked it - Mr RPM

8am I move the truck around and then let the guys load it up and do a few miscellaneous projects while I do some office work. 8:30(slacker, I know) its off to the job site. We finish most afternoons between 4:30 and 6:30. Then I go out and do bids until dark, whenever that is. Tonight I got home at 8pm and was able to read a little bit to my daughter before she had to go to bed.

I dont see how you keep that up, nothing I hate more than rushing to finish a job to go meet people after work. I like to either have bid days or work days and use different part time helpers to make that schedule work.

7.30 til 4/5pm - plenty enough for me. Easier now being an employee than the 12 hour days I did when running your own biz & working on the crew

You meen on the Outlander ?
Those stms are pricey huh.
You know im putting 80 ponies to the dirt now and im still legal.
Stock bike put 49 to the dirt or RWHP.
They advertise 72 but thats crank shaft HP - you get your oil cooler yet - i found a great location it will fit high on the right side undet the shifter lever and if you have taken out alt of the junk plastic it gets great ail flow there .
Greg liked it - Mr RPM

I meant on tree stuff. I do need to do a little work on the Outty though, rear axle popped out and buggered the spines on the shaft. Have the replacement shaft, just need the time to put it in. My next mod is relocating the radiator. However, my car is likely totalled from the deer, so I'll likely be buying another vehicle first.

I pulled the cover and inspected the belt ~16k miles ago and found the belt had already been replaced. I was going to put it off until 135-140k (now), but yeah, looking like the deer TCOB :lol:.

You're on a bit of a run of bad luck with stuff getting in the way of your traveling machines, Carlito...going back a few years, as I recall. Better watch out on that hotrod ATV :\:.

I take it no damage to yourself in the deer encounter? Hope so. A deer or elk, any big animal, sure can mess up a rig.

Meh... it depends on which side of the coin you look at; I consider it good luck. :)

I was perfectly fine after the wreck, drove 40 more miles into Alabama and 10 miles back home before it started over heating.

To be truthfull usually not very much .Now yesterday I did have reprogram and teach pickup points on a robot which took a few hours . That's very unusual though .Oh maybe 6-8 crosswords a day give or take .

Hey ,it's a tough job but somebody has to do it .:)

Back