How much work do you really do ???

I was just thinking... with such as nasty 4 letter word in the title, shouldn't this thread be somewhere else? :lol:

Totally depends but a perfect week for me is four 6-8 hour days of climbing and falling (with somebody else cleaning up), 1 day of bidding and paperwork and 2 days off. That happens about half the time. I don't work in the rain much and when the heat/humidity is really on I back off to a slow slow pace.
I make enough to live on but I'm not getting ahead.

Not enough right now. I wish I had some bigger stuff to do the stumps and small stuff is getting on my nerves.

My hands have tremor in them at the end of the day. I hate it when guys give me the tough guy overly firm hand shake. One customer made me buckle to the ground in front of my employees.

Tonight I got home at 8:30 and my wife took over unloading the truck so I could go say goodnight to my daughter. Its the busy season for sure.

I'll go easy on you next month

2700363713_2f6d330934_o.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Geesus Old Monkey - that sux - you really got hand tremor every single day ?
How old are you now ?
I think for us tree guys who have been through the ringer - then at some point you need to get your buisness going enough so you dont do damage .
9 surgeries here almost all due to tree work .
Adhesions in my calf muscles - i think thats rockclimbing but it didnt hurt that on my rest days i was in a tree .
Insane elbow tendinitus .
All my fingers on the right and left hand are crooked and im positive thats from picking up the saw lanyerd over and over and over .
I dunno - there seems to be a point ,for me at least, where i had to get some help .
My tree service took off to , because of that help .
But here i am playing secratary . UGGGGGG

To some degree or another, yes I have a tremble in my hand at the end of every day. I'm 44. My wife works at a desk looking at a computer all day. Her back and neck hurt, her shoulder gets icy, she has problems with her wrists. Work kills. We should outlaw work.

I wish I could make it on a grand a month but my lifestyle won't allow me .Geeze one large today is about like a C note when I was a teenager .I once thought I'd be on easy street if I could make $200 a week .That came about and it still wasn't enough .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Old Monkey - well we are almost same age - i wish you peace .

Im folding under the pressure - its great to have this much work but im not a secratary- totally losing it here .
I need meds or something ???
- storms are crazy - today we have a massive slab of cement just right in the middle of a lot with trees down .
The tornado brought it along with part of a house- now i really finally understand the power of mother nature.
Flying cement ??? This is unreal

Totally depends but a perfect week for me is four 6-8 hour days of climbing and falling (with somebody else cleaning up), 1 day of bidding and paperwork and 2 days off. That happens about half the time. I don't work in the rain much and when the heat/humidity is really on I back off to a slow slow pace...

Ha Blinky...you could have written my response...actually you did, mostly!
Although this week I got caught up a tree in a rainsquall, AND I had to work a whole day dragging my own brush, UP a hill made of sand...made up for it with machines today though!

Maynard on work.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pqzpQPDSr2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To some degree or another, yes I have a tremble in my hand at the end of every day. I'm 44. My wife works at a desk looking at a computer all day. Her back and neck hurt, her shoulder gets icy, she has problems with her wrists. Work kills. We should outlaw work.

My wife gets that "icy cold shoulder" every once in a while too :evil: It's usually when she thinks I haven't done enough.....:what:....work.

Steve

Back