How much work do you really do ???

If I were State Farm, I'd be looking for another neighbor. :lol:

Glad you're ok, Carl. :)

I work a lot of hours.....but I also have this medical condition called Lackanookie.

You should go see a nurse about that, Justin.

Preferably one with a small butt and big boobs.

7-5 on the job. Last night I spent 5 hours welding and running wiring for lights. Seems like I spend 2 hours working on things most evenings. But I'm kinda anal about having tools that work properly.

Doing tree work, I average about 3 to 4 hours a day on the days I choose to work, which is maybe one or two days a week. Heck, if I worked as much as some of y'all I'd have so much money I might have to retire! Course, with all that free time I get Alottanookie.

Judging from your massive list of offspring, I'd believe you. :lol:

I dont see how you keep that up, nothing I hate more than rushing to finish a job to go meet people after work. I like to either have bid days or work days and use different part time helpers to make that schedule work.

Work is seasonal so I work when there's work. I used to do the work day/ bid day split but I get too far behind on bids that way. I think I am averaging three or four bids a day.

Call me a greenhorn but never sounds like you charge enough Mista Monkey, each to their own though.

I probably don't. There's another tree service in town that's been here 20+ years and he and I bid almost exactly the same on jobs, sometimes to the dollar. Neither of us is getting rich but we both have steady work when other people are slow.

Maybe so. He owns al off his gear which is an advantage but his payroll is a lot higher as his guys have been with him forever.

Must be doing something right to keep his crew, you drive your best guys to year long religous missions!

At least they would still be in town, then you drag them out of bed or jail and go to work!

I try really hard to bid between 9-4 M-F. If I get behind I'll stretch it out. I find it harder and harder to be on the job all day with everything else there is to do. Yesterday I had 6 voice mails at 4 PM. I do all the PHC so squeeze that in between everything else

Depends. Often 50 hours/ week, easy. During the busier summer, I'll often work 12+ hours in a day between office work, prep/ maintenance, and job time. Winter will be closer to 8-9 hours/ day, 2-4 days per week. Weekend bids, as people don't get off of work during daylight hours.

With my new job, we have some windshield time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All i know is i answer the phone about 7 hours a day- it farking sux - but its making me cheddar.
Also as i rolled the 850 pound quad on to me -my back has been killing me so im not worth much of anything else .Its crazy to wake up and stay in your house 5 days at a time answering the phone - its getting depressing .
Ill go bid a few jobs here or there instead of the salesman and i feel like im going out for a night on the town .
3 years ago i drove around myself all day long that was worse though .
Been thinking - once we get the crane - if that ever happens , maybe an office with a secratary and ill just start rock climbing again - Dreams

I put in about 8 hrs a day, six days a week.

I'm a slacker.

Back