Heavy leaner to fell

One of my favs:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2YAf61zz5VU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll say the same thing I did the last time I saw that video. If he had never stopped cutting when he first heard the crack, he would have had the hinge finished before it split and it wouldn't have split. If you cut an inch or two into the back cut of a heavy leaner and then stop and look at it long enough, there's a good chance it might split out.

I'll agree with that. There's an old saying here that goes like this, "You got to keep ahead of the split"

Good saw, sharp chain and pour the coals to it.

Even so you always meet your match eventually, and have to bore, coos bay or collapse it.

If you don't know the subtleties of the matter you're basically F'd

And he stuck his head in the danger zone just before he heard the crack...that's how the barberchairs kill you!

I'll agree with that. There's an old saying here that goes like this, "You got to keep ahead of the split"

Good saw, sharp chain and pour the coals to it.

Even so you always meet your match eventually, and have to bore, coos bay or collapse it.

If you don't know the subtleties of the matter you're basically F'd

Take this to the bank, peeps.

love those yellow straps.................

Attachments

• DSC_0059.jpg
    DSC_0059.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 14
I personally would not trust that nylon on something that large any farther than I could throw Net tree .--And I doubt I could even lift him .:)

Depends on what's going on with the tree, Al.. In this case these worked perfectly. Better than having a pile of chain break loose and smack you in the jaw and having to run like hell. Can always turn it down, too. Just my opinion.

Back