Heavy leaner to fell

I'd go with the double face method as well.
If you have never tried that, find something less dangerous to practice it on and do what willie said.

Chain it up and cut it.

Maybe its just me. But I think some are over thinking this. Making it far more than what it is.

If I am understanding this situation correctly I would grab the saw with the longest bar I have 30" or better & a sharp chain, put a shallow, open face cut in it & while making use of the long bar to stay out of the way, should it BB chair, make a back cut as fast as possible aiming directly at the apex of the face cut.

Well, my point was sorta that you'd need a 15 foot bar to save you in that situation:lol:

Naw, I used him to pack my long bar for a day, for some reason he didn't ever show up again:lol: Jobs wannabe Americans won't do:P

I thought that was what you were getting at. The point I was trying to make was to cut quick & fast trying to avoid the BB chair from starting. Not to cut quick & fast after it has started.......

Heres my leaner from today, had to swing it about 30 degrees away from lean to save 3 of neighbors trees and fence. Pulled with wheel loader and all went spiffy...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 9
That's a small tree with a hard lean. If I could not get behind it to do a coos bay I'd just saw an undercut towards the favor until it starts pinching on the bar. Open it up and then saw in deeper and open it up again. continue until it collapses. it will and it will do so without any drama.

The only risk with the method is getting the saw stuck. So you got to be quick on the draw.

Basically it is the same as undercutting a limb until it collapses. Not much different.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mines done. I will post pics after I get the boys to bed.

Here's a teaser.... I am glad I didn't just cut it and let it fly.

That's a small tree with a hard lean. If I could not get behind it to do a coos bay I'd just saw an undercut towards the favor until it starts pinching on the bar. Open it up and then saw in deeper and open it up again. continue until it collapses. it will and it will do so without any drama.

The only risk with the method is getting the saw stuck. So you got to be quick on the draw.

Basically it is the same as undercutting a limb until it collapses. Not much different.

Gerry has the best solution. How weird is that?

Back